Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #74289  by cslade454

Surefire had a problem many years ago with cheap/counterfeit CR123 batteries exploding in there lights because of overheating due to high drain. They started making ther own CR123 in the USA http://www.surefire.com/video-channel#123ABattery

It would really suck to have to though away $100-$300 flash light because the batteries exploded. I recently saw Surefire batteries for sales at Lows.
 #74295  by SCUBA9097

With Surefire's customer service, it wouldn't be an issue. Anything that goes south on a Surefire is replaced, no hesitation and no questions asked. Their warrantee is lifetime and they stand behind it 110%.
 #74296  by jslacker

As much as they charge for their lights I would expect top notch CS.

I have narrowed my search/list down a few lights at a time and now its down to crunch time... the last lights I have selected are down to aesthetics basicly. For those of you following this thread, and it looks like some of you may be interested by the view count, I have created a listing of lights that interested me and my needs. Feel free to use said list if you find yourself in the market and have selected the same lights I researched. I wanted to include said list but I dont think I can import a table...

My top5
EagleTac T20C2 MarKII
Olight M20S Warrior R5
Fenix TK15
Klarus XT11
SUNWAYMAN-M20C-R5
 #74299  by bmel17

use google docs Jslacker. Can upload any documents you want and post a link :pbjtime:

I want a new light myself and I'm getting the olight you have on your list :pbjtime:
 #74325  by jslacker

bmel17 wrote:use google docs Jslacker. Can upload any documents you want and post a link :pbjtime:
Ok, I went ahead and posted up on Docs. This is my first time using this so excuse me if the share link is not the right one, but you should still be able to see the document. https://docs.google.com/document/d/11Yg ... m_nWg/edit
 #74351  by fdegree

Keep us posted and let us know which one you finally decide to purchase.

Don't know why I'm curious...I just am.
 #74411  by jslacker

fdegree wrote:Keep us posted and let us know which one you finally decide to purchase.

Don't know why I'm curious...I just am.
Don't worry I'll be sure to let you know which one I choose. I'll probably get one of the top five as a Christmas gift from the wife, but I plan on getting one of the "eliminated" lights sooner than that. Stay tuned.
 #75697  by jslacker

Well the day has arrived and the light has came in. I had asked for a TC20C2 MKII by EagleTac but the way it was listed on the website was somewhat misleading, listing it as a TC20MKIIPC20 or something like that and my little lady got confused and the PC20C2 was sent. She felt terrible about the whole thing because she didnt think she could get a TC20C2 from this supplier. So I compared specs and saw they weren't that much different so I decided just to keep the P version, only difference I can really see is the size obviously and the T series could use an 18650 battery but the P series cant, it uses a 17650. (I think I will stick with the 123's for now) but the lumens are almost identical.

I tested it out to make sure it worked and it was super bright!! Definitely the brightest light I have ever owned. More of a review to come when I am actually allowed to play with it more. 8-)
 #75768  by Jonnybow

I bought the OLight M30 triton last year after doing exactly what you have done over the past several months. I started off looking at cheaper lights but soon realized that you get what you pay for.
I bought the rechargeable batteries (18500) and charger as well as a stockpile of CR123A's for when I'm unable to recharge.
The light is super bright (700lumens on high) and has the strobe which will certainly incapacitate someone if needed. The batteries last much better than in my older surefire light and the light is crazy bright in high output mode.

I generally use my light for blood trailing while hunting BUT I also bought a rail mount kit with micro switch for night hunting fox/coyotes on my .223
This is also a very good tactical carry light but the price might sway folks to look elsewhere. I think I paid $105 for the light and then another $25 on the charger and rechargeable batteries.