Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #80789  by ToolOGT92

I have a compact 9mm (Taurus Millenium G2, 3" barrel) and I was at wal-mart the other day and picked up a Blackhawk hip holster in the bargain bin for $6. It's nylon and actually really nice for a starter holster. It has a strong belt loop and a thumb break. The gun fits very snug and the strap holds it in place great (you can hold it upside down and shake it and it doesn't move).

The only thing is that there is about an extra 3" on the bottom past the barrel since it was made for revolvers. Is this any sort of issue I should worry about? I was thinking about trimming it down, but the gun fits and it feel comfortable enough to me.
 #80790  by HoBoJoe

Buy a holster made for your particular gun, I would not carry using a "universal" holster.

Are you going to trust a $6 holster with your life?
 #80792  by HoBoJoe

Poking around it seems that pistol is known as the PT111, is that correct? Seems light on options for holsters, but Fobus has a few.
 #80796  by Boots

ToolOGT92 wrote:... The only thing is that there is about an extra 3" on the bottom past the barrel since it was made for revolvers. Is this any sort of issue I should worry about? ....
The extra 3" won't be a problem. Actually, it makes it look like you have a bigger gun, which might be an asset if a BG is sizing you up. ;)
 #80814  by ToolOGT92

Yes the gun is a PT111.

Now the holster might have been $6, but to be honest, it's pretty nice. I can draw and return the gun to the holster with one hand no problem, and it never feels like its going anywhere. I was looking into a fobus holster, but I like the thumb break on this one, it makes me feel like no one can just jerk the gun out of the holster.
 #80815  by HoBoJoe

Looks like the pistol is still too new for most manufacturers to offer a holster.

For thumbreak I like the safariland ALS, but of course they don't have one for your pistol.
 #80818  by SR9

ToolOGT92,
I did the same thing at first and wasn't satisfied with the "Wally World Holster" I did a lot of research and bought a Pro-Carry Deep Comfort IWB Holster that was made just for my gun.
Check out this web site:

www.theholsterstore.com

You can look up holster by you gun model.
They are in Florida and make thm there.

I ordered mine and got it in 4 days, and I carry 24/7 in it and have for over a year.

Good Luck
 #80822  by fdegree

ToolOGT92 wrote:Yes the gun is a PT111.
I don't want to sound like I'm knocking the gun...I had the exact same gun, only Titanium. I really liked it. It was light weight and comfortable for carrying...fit my had very well...rather attractive looking...etc. I had every intention of keeping it for a very long time. But, it lost it's accuracy. You can read about my experience in this thread -- viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6472. After that, I just didn't trust it any more, so instead of sending it back to Taurus, or having a gunsmith take a look at it, I decide to just replace it with a gun I could trust.

Do some research, I'm not the only one that has had this experience. I mention this only to encourage you to take it to the range regularly so you can keep a check on its accuracy. I'd hate to see you rely on that gun to defend your life one day, only to find out it won't hit what you are aiming at. Hopefully, you will not have this problem, and it will be an accurate and dependable sidearm for many years to come. If it wasn't for the lose of accuracy, I would still have that gun today, because I loved everything else about it.

As for your original post, I really don't have much to offer, except...there are products out there made specifically for that gun. You just have to search a little for them.

Good Luck!!!
 #80843  by ToolOGT92

This is the new G2, which is an updated version of the Millenium Pro. I am trying to shoot as much as I can, but ammo is really really hard to come by. So far so good on the accuracy.
 #80845  by fdegree

Sorry...I just realized the link I posted in my previous post was to the wrong thread.

Here is the link I meant to post:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5800