Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #81916  by GreaseMonkey

So what's everyone's favorite OWB holster? I love my Serpa for my P226, but I recently picked up a P239, and I'd like to pick up a quality leather holster for it. My Beltman Gun Belt is on the way (My Cabelas Special finally bit the dust), so now is the time to choose! I love the Pure Kustom, since it can be worn both in and out, as well as the fact that is retention is top notch as far as leather holsters go, but it is very pricy. I've been looking hard at the FIST holsters as well. Just wanted to poke around and see what everyone else liked. Thanks in advance for any input!
 #81949  by myopicvisionary

Naturally my SERPA! But when it comes to leather, then it is either my Milt Sparks Roadrunner or my vintage Bianchi Auto Draw 3000.
 #82014  by MrCoolDale

I'm a huge fan of Galco Gunleather holsters. Plus, if you buy it from LAPoliceGear.com you get a free hat and they usually have giveaways for (surprisingly good) knives and things.

I have a leather holster from galco that I've been using for a few years now and other than it slightly softening up, it shows almost no signs of wear.

If you're looking for a decent holster on the cheap, Uncle Mikes has some pretty good options.

I'm about to make the plunge and make my own kydex holster. As soon as I finally get my Viridian C5L, I'm going to make a custom molded holster to fit my PPQ with the C5L attached.
 #82046  by cslade454

Serpa for open carry. OWB concealed I am a fan of the yaqui slide. Don hume sell an inexpensive jit slide. One problem with some leather holsters is the leather wears out around the trigger and can cause an AD on guns without a thumb safety or a long DA trigger, like a Glock. My jit only lasted a year of every day use.
 #82073  by SeanM

Serpa here.

Sean
 #82996  by Jonnybow

Desantis is my absolute favorite OWB holster, I have 4 of them and wear one every day. I like the thumb break style best.
 #83001  by Amy Blackthorn

My first carry gun was the P239 and I still carry it years later. There isn't a Serpa made in the P239 Model, but Sig has a contract with iTac to make a Serpa type holster. I got mine for about $35 and I love it.
 #83029  by GreaseMonkey

Thanks for all the input guys, and lady!!
 #83036  by Amy Blackthorn

GreaseMonkey wrote:Thanks for all the input guys, and lady!!
Happy to help. I liked that unlike the Serpa you can configure any cant at 360 degrees. It even comes with the Allen wrench. :)
 #83040  by Amy Blackthorn

PS. A lot of the leather holsters that are marketed for the P239 are made for other models that sort of resemble the 239. It makes it an odd fit. I placed mine in 4 plastic bags and then into the holster to smooth out the draw and reduce wear. Left it like that for two weeks and it helped.