Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #82877  by Lascivious1

So i bought a scabbard for my moss 500. I like it and it keeps the shotgun safe and is good for carrying. but when i wanna pull it out its to much of a hasle and not quick enough for me. plus theres no where to carry extra shells. i would have to attach molle bags to it.
i realize after buying its only good for carying if im going camping and thats it.

So now i want to find a sling that can carry shells. but also is nice looking and quality is a must. unfortunatly i have done a couple hours of searching the net and everytime i find one that is ok i keep reading it doesnt fit or is very tight with 12 gauge shells. there doesnt seam to be the perfect sling/shell carrier outt here. anyone know a awesome one i should get for hunting? btw, i like black firearms and accesories
 #82879  by Lascivious1

So im thinking after more searching that i may want to set up my shottie like an ar15 type sling system. so i can have a 1 point or 2 point set up. i saw these to types of attachments and wanted some feed back on them of what you think and any bad inputs why i shouldnt.

This one i like for the swivel but was thinking it sticks out much and would be digging in my back or chest while carrying.... thoughts?
http://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-500-quick ... ments.html

This one is smaller. but not swivel doubt it would bother me as much. but still would like input?
http://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-500-loope ... ments.html

last i was thinking on putting this type sling even though its made for ar15's. but hey why cant we have the best of both worlds... right?
http://www.savvysniper.com/quadsling.html

Of course this still doesnt have my last need and that is how to carry shells. I was thinking a shotgun shell belt. but i cant find one that as i posted earlier is perfect. any help on that would be awesome!

So let me know what you think about my idea for my 500 set up?
 #82881  by myopicvisionary

Do not put shells on your sling. Too much weight swinging around.
 #82897  by cslade454

I have extra shell on the side of the receiver and on the butt stock. I use a Blackhawk bandoleer to carry extra shells in addition to what’s on the shotgun. It’s simple and easy. I like the blue force Larry Vickers sling. It is very simple and works great. The HK style hooks are great for taking your sling on and off your gun but they are noisy and will not release under tension. It’s a pain but I leave my slings on my go to guns. The HK hook on the savysniper wont release with your body weight hanging on it. If you are hung up you will need to cut yourself free. I use the blue force the quick release kit in case I need to get out of the sling when it is under tension.

http://www.blueforcegear.com/categories/Vickers-Slings/
 #82906  by Lascivious1

myopicvisionary wrote:What is the intended end use for this shotgun?
mostly home defence. but plan to hunt once i get class and license in order too.
I like cslade's choice for a sling very much. but the cost is kinda outrageous i think :?
while i agree the metal clips would make noise and i dont want that for hunting. i dont think i need to be concerned for a quick release.

I havent got a sling for my ar15 so i thought why not get one i can use for both my ar and my shottie. two birds with one stone.
now with cslade's sling choice i want one like that but dont want to pay that much and my other concern is how to carry extra ammo with me for hunting...belt/bandolier?

you have a sugggestion opic?
 #82915  by cslade454

The standard Vickers sling is $45 plus $12 for the quick release. This is the model I have. The savysniper is $59.95. I agree the model with the fancy metal buckle that cost $120 is not worth the cost unless you are a Navy seal.
 #82916  by cslade454

For hunting in a stand/blind or upland game I prefer not to have a sling on my shotgun. A quick detachable sling may be best for your use. You would have to get the same kind of attachment points on both your AR and your shotgun. This may end up costing more than an extra sling.
 #82917  by cslade454

When deer hunting you really only need to carry an extra box of 5 shell. I use my coat pocket/fanny/back pack. For upland game I have a "upland/bird" hunting coat that holds 24 shells. When duck hunting I just keep the shells in the box next to me in the blind.