Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #84221  by DEhammerhead

Being fairly new to shooting and owning a gun, can anyone recommend good magazines on the subject? There are a ton on the newsstand , which is great, but most are $9.99 each! I am looking for good info, stories, and concealed products and reviews ... Actually, that would cover just about everything I come to this forum for!!! Does anyone here have a subscription try could not live without?
 #84232  by jslacker

Gun rags are expensive... I'm into Recoil magazine at the moment. It's newstand price is 8.99
 #84266  by DEhammerhead

Thanks. I saw guns and ammo wasn't to expensive for 2 years. I will have to check out recoil, haven't looked through that yet
 #84268  by brich2929

jslacker wrote:Gun rags are expensive... I'm into Recoil magazine at the moment. It's newstand price is 8.99
:applause:

I like RECOIL too. Shame it only comes out sporadically.
 #84269  by Mr.Skellington

I used to pick up some random mags off the newsstand if something peaked my interest but at $10 a pop I tried to avoid making that a habit. Now when I want to know about something I look for a review on youtube which hosts a number of very good vids.

Other than that I would recommend "gun tests". They host NO advertisements nor accept any money/guns so its not a conflict of interest when they grade firearms. The magazine breaks down like this, they come up with comparison ideas and have readers writing them to rate certain firearms. The testers then go to a store and buy one off the shelf just as we would. That way they don't get the manufacturers darling flawless "test" gun but rather the same random product we would.

The grades are what they are. I have seen guns that received excellent reviews elsewhere (by mags dependent on advertisers money) get an F by gun tests for FTF. No kidding, they print it as it is. Here they are http://www.gun-tests.com/