Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #85839  by Taurus247

Im new to open carry... In the civilian side of the world at least... Iv only concealed carried before when not on base or deployed. But while waiting for my concealed carry permits to be approved... and possibly after... im looking at open carry however I wanna get a good retention holster. I have a Taurus 24/7 PRO C DS that I used as my CC and will probably use as my OC until i get something better. Any ideas?
 #85840  by SasquatchAF

Welcome to the world of OC.

Many peoples opinions will vary. Many folks like serpa holsters, but im not a big fan. Seem too lightweight and peave a lot of your weapon exposed. When I OC, (I primarily CC), I use a safariland duty holster with a lock that isnt exposed like the serpa. And i encases a lot more of your weapon and keeps it well protected.
 #85843  by whatevah

SasquatchAF wrote:Welcome to the world of OC.

Many peoples opinions will vary. Many folks like serpa holsters, but im not a big fan. Seem too lightweight and peave a lot of your weapon exposed. When I OC, (I primarily CC), I use a safariland duty holster with a lock that isnt exposed like the serpa. And i encases a lot more of your weapon and keeps it well protected.
The weapon coverage is because most people get the CQC model. The Duty model provides more coverage and is available with a Level 3 retention option. http://www.blackhawk.com/catalog/SERPA-Duty,1412.htm just FYI :) But, only their CQC holster works with a Taurus 24/7.

Fwiw, I use a Serpa CQC for my Beretta. :)
 #85847  by myopicvisionary

SERPA! I trust my life with it and I compete with it. It has NEVER failed.
 #85863  by SR9

I've been carrying with a IWB Pro-Carry Deep Comfort by
www.theholsterstore.com for several years. I usually carry concealed every day, but have used it O/C. I will be buying my next holster from them as they are quick at shiooing and the prices are great on their USA made products.
 #88780  by Mr.Skellington

SR9 wrote:I've been carrying with a IWB Pro-Carry Deep Comfort by
http://www.theholsterstore.com for several years. I usually carry concealed every day, but have used it O/C. I will be buying my next holster from them as they are quick at shiooing and the prices are great on their USA made products.
An IWB holster is not 100% open and therefore becomes a gray area for anyone without a CCW as it holds the potential to be considered concealed.

Do not use an IWB holster without a CCW unless you accept the possibility of being a test case.
 #88788  by SR9

Mr. Skellington:

The holster I was referring to can be warn inside the waste ban (inside trousers) or outside the waste band (between trousers and belt. As long as it is not covered, it is O/C. I also have an O/C cheapie Wal-Mart holster, I use some times around home or at range. I have a DECCW, so I'm covered either way.
Thanks for the info for others.