Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #87572  by spillanej

cslade454 wrote:
spillanej wrote:Its more of an official unofficial thing. Im not taking a 26 year sentence because someone else doesnt know the law. They wouldnt keep records, just run a check.

If youre looking for the best quality I can help you, but body armor is a lot more dangerous to the dealer than firearms.
You cant call in a NICS check without first filling out form 4473. It is a serous crime to do so. So what does your FFL put down on lines 26-30, Manufacture of firearm, model of firearm, serial number of firearm, type of firearm, and last caliber of firearm? Congress made it a crime in the Brady bill to use the NICS check for anything other firearms transfers. If an FFL called in a NICS check for body armor he would lose his FFL and many face criminal charges. There is something fishy going on here. Ether there is an FFL that is about to be in a whole lot of trouble or there is not any checks being done.

"They would not keep a record just run a check"An FFL has to keep records of every background check by law. So there is either a crime with a long prison term or someone is not being truthful, which?
This I did not know. What to do?
 #87579  by brich2929

Maybe you should only sell to those people with a CCDW.
 #87581  by TexasJay

brich2929 wrote:Maybe you should only sell to those people with a CCDW.
See there's a problem where my quest originates. That's kinda like suggesting no private sales of firearms cause bad guys obey gun laws. Just makes it more difficult for good guys.
 #87583  by y0rlik

You know, there are other (private) criminal background checks which can be run besides NICS. (How else do you think all the other non-gun sales checks are run every day?)
 #87589  by spillanej

y0rlik wrote:You know, there are other (private) criminal background checks which can be run besides NICS. (How else do you think all the other non-gun sales checks are run every day?)
I do run checks with the fbi for large sales.. just takes weeks. Ill take everyones words for it and cease operations with my ffl.
 #87596  by TexasJay

Remember none here are lawyers. Don't take anyones word on anything
Definitely educate yourself on any and all applicable laws to everything such as this.