Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #89536  by Taurus247

I have a 5 year old son and as much as I can I teach him about gun safety however, my brothers 6 year old daughter lives here along with 8 other people. I have two safes: my big one that is a key pad and is in the basement that holds all my extra ammo and non "home defense" weapons and a small one in my room that's key locked that I keep my carry pistol (when at home) and my AR in. I am looking for something better and more quick access. I dont want to have to fumble with a key in the middle of the night if i need to. I have been looking at GunVault safes for my pistol but im looking for something to keep my AR in that would be quick access but keeps it away from the kids. Any ideas?

Iv looked at some biometeric safes but im not to sold on them. I have biometeric on my laptop and its hit and miss on if it works the first time. I like keypads just have to mind that batteries (lol dave :banghead: ) Dose anyone have a good keypad (or maybe a really really good) biometeric safe for quick SHTF access.

Sorry for the long post just wanted to give as much info as possible.
 #89547  by SasquatchAF

Whatever you get definitely keep those batteries fresh! :sparring:
 #89550  by Taurus247

SasquatchAF wrote:Whatever you get definitely keep those batteries fresh! :sparring:
LOL how true.
 #89551  by rosco87

I am making a thing that looks like a floating shelf and you can hang it anywhere and it's long enough to hold an AR or shotgun. You access it by putting a sliding a magnetic key over top and it unlocks and the bottom swings down allowing access to the firearm of choice. I'm also working in models that do not require any lock. If interested or want more details hit me up!
 #89553  by spillanej

The biometric reader on your laptop costs about $1.14. I hope I made my point.