Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #89783  by mdak06

I've got a Glock 23 and I am planning on getting a new holster. I'm strongly considering getting a Safariland with ALS, SLS, and perhaps the Sentry -- I'm looking specifically at the 6365 model.

At this time, I don't have any light attachment for my Glock. If I end up getting the Safariland, would it make sense to go ahead and get the holster that will fit a light attachment anyway, so that if I get one in the future it'll work with no issues?

Safariland claims that the holster will hold the gun securely, regardless of whether or not there's a light attached, as long as the tension screw is adjusted correctly. I'd presume this is true but have no experience with it (I have no experience with Safariland holsters). I know virtually nothing about lights right now and am not planning on purchasing one soon, but I need a better holster than what I've got.

What are your thoughts?
 #89786  by SasquatchAF

I dont have a light bearing holster yet; still deciding which weapon I want to dedicate to having a light on it and carry. But I am very pleased with my Safariland holster and it has taken several years of abuse. I wear it working on cars, riding atvs, etc. I have beat the crap out of it and it hasnt missed a beat and keeps my gun well protected. I am also looking to Safariland for a light compatible holster, just cant decide what setup I want to go with yet.
 #89789  by Owen

I just bought a Safariland ALS for a non light bearing Sig P226 and it woks by keeping the pistol to the "front" of the holster putting tension on the rail and then locks into the top of the slide. If there are different implementations of ALS locking I don't know. Mine ALS needs pressure back on a thumb lever to allow the release of the pistol. Feels very natural but is a bit of learning due to my previous Serpa draw experience.