Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #91760  by Kuntryboy816

A friend of mine is interested in purchasing body armor. He found this that he was ready to purchase but we ran into a snag.
http://www.opticsplanet.com/gh-armor-sy ... -vest.html

When we called Optics Planet, I spoke with the sales rep and informed him that the purchase was not job related (personal use) and that it was intended for another end user. Becasue it has a government restriction on it, the rep told me that the end user would have to be one of those on the approved list (ie. LEO, Security, etc.).

So here's my questions...
1.) Does anyone know what types/levels of BA are restricted by the government?
2.) Are there any laws restricting use of BA in DE?
3.) Any personal BA preferences on brand, type, plate size, etc.?

All I could find was that the government restricts purchase/use by felons. I was all over Optics Planet and it appeared that the heavier armor is what seems to have gov restrictions. I'm assuming that the vest in the above link is restricted due to it being lev3.
 #91762  by astro_wanabe

Unfortunately, many sellers restrict body armor sales to mil/leo only. This isn't a government restriction, just store policies. IIRC in DE you just can't be a felon or in the process of committing a crime. I haven't bought any myself, but I've heard good reviews for http://www.bulletproofme.com and http://www.ar500.com Just make sure you understand the different technologies used and different rating levels.
 #91955  by TexasJay

I have body armor. Its just company policy to restrict it (except in Connecticut where its law). The best place to get body armor is definitely AR500.com for plates and bulletproof me.com for soft armor. By Delaware law you just can't be a felon or use it while committing a crime.
 #92135  by wpage

Those Cali bank robbers messed things up for all of us...
 #92140  by spillanej

Kuntryboy816 wrote:A friend of mine is interested in purchasing body armor. He found this that he was ready to purchase but we ran into a snag.
http://www.opticsplanet.com/gh-armor-sy ... -vest.html

When we called Optics Planet, I spoke with the sales rep and informed him that the purchase was not job related (personal use) and that it was intended for another end user. Becasue it has a government restriction on it, the rep told me that the end user would have to be one of those on the approved list (ie. LEO, Security, etc.).

All I could find was that the government restricts purchase/use by felons. I was all over Optics Planet and it appeared that the heavier armor is what seems to have gov restrictions. I'm assuming that the vest in the above link is restricted due to it being lev3.
PM me.. I can get any citizen who is not a person prohibited high quality armor at a cheap price.
 #92141  by spillanej

Answer: all armor is restricted similarly to firearms. Look up the federal law, im on my phone or id link it.

Answer: outside of who can purchase, own, use, wear, and transport armor... no. Again look the law up but it os almost the exact same as federal. Anyone who can purchase body armor can wear it 24/7

We'll talk greater in PMs, on the phone, or in person. Dont bother with any armor made in plates if you arent looking for a battlefield. Too heavy, youll want it off in 5 minutes. Additionally just because you have armor and a firearm doesnt mean you do not have a duty to retreat, heavy armor restricts that ability some and also can be far more dangerous than not wearing armor if it is not set up right.

Again if you and/or the intending purchaser are not persons prohobited I can get you anything you want, even armor that will stop .30-06 AP. Its just a question of matching comfort, expected threat level, and price point.

Get in contact with me and ill fill you in on all the finer details of armor, types, styles, brands, protection levels, and we can discuss laws, ill provide direct links to you when I get on my computer.

I also ask that you allow me to teach a quick lesson on armor care, and the mindset of confrontation when wearing armor.