Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #94570  by TexasJay

So I bought a Sig 229 from Viper98. I go get a serpa holster and its the darndest thing...holster doesn't fit. Doesn't fit any kydex holster so far. Turns out SIG has changed the width of rails on some of their guns. So has anyone heard anything about this? Their nearasdammit $800 guns don't fit a lot of holsters. Why would they do this and does anyone know of any holster companies that have adjusted to this alteration in Sigs makes?
 #94690  by Owen

I had to alter my Safariland ALS holster to fit my Sig. Seems the rail version is "thicker" than the non-rail. It wasn't to hard because my holster uses the ejection port not trigger guard for retention. I just had to grind down the opposing piece of plastic that creates the tension.
 #94732  by TexasJay

Owen wrote:I had to alter my Safariland ALS holster to fit my Sig. Seems the rail version is "thicker" than the non-rail. It wasn't to hard because my holster uses the ejection port not trigger guard for retention. I just had to grind down the opposing piece of plastic that creates the tension.
Where did you get your safariland?
 #94809  by spillanej

This may sound stupid... but put your firing pin under a microscope and read the little tiny microprint they put on it. They're tracking you... and Sig is helping them.
 #94816  by SCUBA9097

spillanej wrote:This may sound stupid... but put your firing pin under a microscope and read the little tiny microprint they put on it. They're tracking you... and Sig is helping them.
Where did you hear this from?
 #94819  by TexasJay

I thought the point of everyone's guns falling off the California registry of approved handguns, is that no manufacturer can comply with the micro stamping requirement?
 #94837  by Boots

TexasJay wrote:So I bought a Sig 229 from Viper98. I go get a serpa holster and its the darndest thing...holster doesn't fit.
Turns out SIG has changed the width of rails on some of their guns.
So, you actually got a P229R and not a P229, right? So, did you get a P229R holster, or a regular P229 holster? Your OP isn't clear (to me) so, it sounds like you're trying to fit a rail gun into a regular holster.

I don't have rails on any of my carry guns, so maybe you can help me understand your problem.
 #94840  by Guard_Duck

I don't think SIG makes a 229 without a rail these days. And I thought I read something about SIG changing the size of the rails to Picatinny, but it's hard to search at work, goofy filters.