Paddle holsters, belt holsters, shoulder holsters, magazine pouches, belts, concealed clothing -- discuss here.
 #97186  by NCC

I told you I had a box full. I just wanted to share with all of you a holster that I am pretty enamored with. For now anyway.

I bought the S&W BG38 as another back up to my 1911. I love this gun, 17 oz. fully loaded with +P. I have mostly cut over to using Desantis Mini Scabbards for all my guns. I have quite a few and I rotate them as the mood or situation requires. Normally I carry a 1911 and a BUG. Single stack 9 MM, a .380, sometimes two 1911s (not very long though!), and this .38 now. Anyway, the DeSantis is REALLY nice but when I get into the car it rides on the seat belt release which comes up from the floor between the seat and the console. The DeSantis is stopped by the belt loop at 3 so I cannot move it forward enough to help. Hmmm. I remembered when I was at my gunsmith's the last time he showed me the paddle holster he has used for 30 years with his .357. I wonder is anyone still makes a all leather paddle holster....

This leather paddle holster is from Stoner Holsters. I wanted a holster that I could use at 3 or 4 o'clock, as well as at 8:30 as this .38 is very easy to grasp. I thought this would fit the bill nicely. Let me tell you, this thing is built like a horse saddle. Probably the best made and thickest holster I have ever bought. Being a paddle it is easy on/off of course, this is why I tried it. But it is snug and tight to the body as well. You can hold it upside down and shake the hell out of it, but not the gun. Notice how the leather comes half way up the built in laser on the BG38? Comfortable all day. I have actually been wearing it every day for a couple weeks now, sitting at the desk, in and out of the car, shopping (Needed a matching purse for it. Oh wait, SHE needed the purse, honest!), and walking about.

It has far exceeded my expectations. So much so that I have ordered another one for my Sig Sauer 1911 Ultra Two Tone which would also work with my Colt 1991 Compact. Not sure I would get one for a full size 1911 though, but I MAY try it. My buddy ordered one for his Sig Sauer 225 .45 also.

Wow. This went on far longer than I had anticipated. I have no affiliation with Stoner. Just passing along what I consider to be a great find. This holster easily compares to $150-$200 custom made holsters and is only $68.

http://www.stonerholsters.com/

Last edited by NCC on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #97191  by Boots

Maybe I missed it ... but, what did it cost?
 #97195  by NCC

Sorry, added it. I just figured you would click on the link and find it or something else you liked.

Having seen it I would pay double that for it now.