Login    

Register FAQ  •  Search    

· Home ·   Forums ·  Who Are We? ·  What is Open Carry? ·  CCDW Process ·  FAQ ·  Contact ·  Terms ·

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Donations and DELOC Swag (Merchandise)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

Greetings, folks!

I'm afraid the time has come when I need to lean on our members a bit and ask for some help. Our new speedy server with awesome uptime and allows me to access the code at any time without restriction costs quite a bit each year. That, along with domain name registrations and our desire to get some quality printed materials to distribute to our members so that they may pass them along to others interested in open carry makes it difficult to financially accomplish everything we'd like.

I've put up a donations page with a breakdown of our expenses and desires. Any monies collected over the target amount will go towards printing costs for more materials and/or web hosting and domain registration expenses.

If folks are interested, I'm willing to entertain ideas about a donation scheme for forum 'titles'... that is, if you donate over X dollars, you'd be thanked with Y forum title, similar to the 'Founding Member' title.

On a more lighthearted note, I've went ahead and opened a store with Zazzle and created some swag with the DELOC logo. There's a limited selection for the moment, but if you see something else you'd like, please feel free to suggest it... I want to make it clear that I, personally, don't make money off of this. Any proceeds go to the website -- in each product description, you'll see exactly how much DELOC will receive from the sale of the product.

Obviously, we'll make more from a straight donation than a swag purchase, so if you're not in the market for a new shirt or coffee mug, I'd recommend the donation. ;)

Post subject: Re: Donations and DELOC Swag (Merchandise)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:57 pm 

I'd really like to see some button-down shirts with embroidered logos. And some T-Shirts with the small logo on the front and large on the back. I'm not one for large logos on the front of my shirt.

Patches. Patches. Patches. Always good. I'd have one on my range bag, and buy a few more just in case I found something else to put them on.

3) Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target
4) Be sure of your target and what is beyond it

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:11 pm 
Site Admin

Sadly, patches aren't offered as a product option. Also, with embroidery, it requires an upfront fee for the image to thread conversion. So, if we see a LOT of demand for it, I can see about fronting the money to see if we can make that back at least, hah!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:39 pm 

Give me. A tie.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:13 am 

This is great Dave, I'll be sure to order a shirt or two!

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:19 am 

Could we set up a way to order DELOC business cards? I'd love to have enough on hand that I could leave a few at some gun shops and such.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:17 am 

Some forums have a Donor title

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:10 am 

Here is a cool fee calculator

http://www.rolbe.com/paypal.htm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:04 am 

Wynder wrote:
Sadly, patches aren't offered as a product option. Also, with embroidery, it requires an upfront fee for the image to thread conversion. So, if we see a LOT of demand for it, I can see about fronting the money to see if we can make that back at least, hah!

How much is the setup fee? This is a fundraiser, not a charity! The site should make some money off of these items and not just break even. So, how much do we need to get embroidered stuff???

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:17 am 
Site Admin

SugarBoy13 wrote:
Wynder wrote:

How much is the setup fee? This is a fundraiser, not a charity! The site should make some money off of these items and not just break even. So, how much do we need to get embroidered stuff???

Depending on the item and the size of the conversion, between $25 and $35 or so. Considering the site would make about $3 or $4 per item purchase, we'd need 10-15 ordered to break even, heh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next