Login    

Register FAQ  •  Search    

· Home ·   Forums ·  Who Are We? ·  What is Open Carry? ·  CCDW Process ·  FAQ ·  Contact ·  Terms ·

Fundraiser to Support Delaware Open Carry!

We've come to that time of the year when our server lease and domain name registrations are coming up for renewal. In the past, many of you have expressed your generosity in the form of donations in order to keep the site running - I'm asking for your support again this year.

Please visit our donation information page for more details and, if you enjoy this site, if you've ever attended our gatherings or, if this community has brought you some knowledge or entertainment, please give what you can to keep us going.

→ Donation Information Page ←

It is currently Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wait, I thought we had universal background checks...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:39 am 

Super-secret listening session to talk gun control (but one that is totally going to listen to the views of all us Second Amendment nutjobs, promise) is shocked, SHOCKED, to discover that making acquisition of firearms more difficult leads people who aren't all that interested in crossing all the t's and dotting all the i's to work around the restrictions. Quick, ban the AR-15.

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/ne ... 420999002/

Quote:
One gun is linked to multiple shootings, and in some cases, homicides.

But the crimes are committed by different people.

That's the difficult situation state prosecutors and law enforcement is facing as one "community gun" is passed among people – sometimes affiliated, sometimes not – to aid them in committing crimes and protecting themselves.

Though state prosecutors and local police say it isn't a new trend, the information from defense attorney Eugene Mauer stunned attendees at the Delaware Gun Violence Forum on Thursday, who gathered to talk about gun issues facing the state.

"They'll buy a gun and they'll keep it in a certain location," he said. "I'm now having cases where one gun is attached to five, six, seven, eight different shootings. So that's becoming popular now so now you don't need as many guns if you get the one good firearm."

Post subject: Re: Wait, I thought we had universal background checks...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:12 am 

Criminals not following the law? That's just crazy talk!

But upon reflection, this could be a new business model... Kind of like a WeWork for guns... That's it... Eureka! WeGuns! Let me go register this idea now.

Post subject: Re: Wait, I thought we had universal background checks...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:05 am 
Global Moderator

Quote:
... so now you don't need as many guns if you get the one good firearm."
Hmmmm, I'll bet this will be misquoted out of context and used to create new legislature limiting the number of guns in a household, you know, since you'd have the one good firearm. That's all you need, right?

Friggin ridiculous!

"You have to be prepared to do the violence in order to survive the violence."