Local, national and world news stories of interest.
 #105643  by NCC

georgie c wrote:THIS MAY COME AS A SURPRISE BUT FLAGS HAVE NOT BEEN ORDERED AT HALF STAFF FOR OUR MURDERED SOLDIERS
Now Georgie, you have to give them time to shame them into doing it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07 ... e-victims/
 #105644  by NormH3

EndSupremacy wrote:Has anyone heard about people around the country where oc is legal, protecting our recruiting stations with their own firearms? I think this is a great idea. This is something that I will be doing with some of my free time. We, the citizens of this country, should push to have the laws changed in regards to military personnel and weapons. Just a thought.
The military has asked that no one do this. I suggest you honor their request. This can't go anywhere but bad.
 #105648  by EndSupremacy

[/quote]
The military has asked that no one do this. I suggest you honor their request. This can't go anywhere but bad.[/quote]

I know. That was after I posted my reply.
 #105649  by brich2929

How so?
NormH3 wrote:
EndSupremacy wrote:Has anyone heard about people around the country where oc is legal, protecting our recruiting stations with their own firearms? I think this is a great idea. This is something that I will be doing with some of my free time. We, the citizens of this country, should push to have the laws changed in regards to military personnel and weapons. Just a thought.
The military has asked that no one do this. I suggest you honor their request. This can't go anywhere but bad.
 #105650  by DuramaxLLY7

I work at our Embassy here in Finland and when I got in this morning and checked my email and I saw that Obama finally ordered for flags to be flown at half mast for our Marines and Sailer we lost. I have to say that was the hardest flag lowering I have ever had to do.
 #105655  by NormH3

BTW, latest reports said that two of the military men had side arms and returned fire.
 #105656  by NormH3

brich2929 wrote:How so?
NormH3 wrote:
I can't say it any clearer. The military has requested that people not do this.