Local, national and world news stories of interest.
 #105590  by DuramaxLLY7

http://news.yahoo.com/chattanooga-activ ... 53657.html

For anyone who has not heard yet about the tragedy in TN with the 4 Marine recruiters who were killed and 1 officer injured. Please take a moment and pray for there them and their kin.

This really hits home being brothers in arms but unfortunately it doesn't come as a complete shock. ISIS made the comment and gave the warning they are here and they are targeting military personnel. We all have to accept the fact that being wrapped up in our blankie (our borders) does not keep up safe from the terror that is going on on the outside world anymore.

There is no need to go looking for a fight anymore with the fight now coming to us. We all just have to stay aware and keep safe. As former General Mattis said - " Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."
 #105611  by pick_six

No surprise, given our current leadership.

Also, there are 5 deceased. Saw the report that a navy officer died from sustained wounds.
georgie c wrote:THIS MAY COME AS A SURPRISE BUT FLAGS HAVE NOT BEEN ORDERED AT HALF STAFF FOR OUR MURDERED SOLDIERS
 #105617  by EndSupremacy

Has anyone heard about people around the country where oc is legal, protecting our recruiting stations with their own firearms? I think this is a great idea. This is something that I will be doing with some of my free time. We, the citizens of this country, should push to have the laws changed in regards to military personnel and weapons. Just a thought.
 #105619  by DuramaxLLY7

I completely agree and encourage it. Once I return home I plan on taking aside alot of my tree time during my down time to support the cause by standing outside the closest local recruiting office no matter what the branch. :sparring:

Found this link talking about people taking the effort in Georgia:

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2015/07/1 ... t-centers/
 #105621  by brich2929

EndSupremacy wrote:Has anyone heard about people around the country where oc is legal, protecting our recruiting stations with their own firearms? I think this is a great idea. This is something that I will be doing with some of my free time. We, the citizens of this country, should push to have the laws changed in regards to military personnel and weapons. Just a thought.

Yes. I plan on doing it this week. There's some guys talking about it on the Deloc FB page, or you can Message me on here.
 #105628  by DuramaxLLY7

It is about two months away before I am back in the area. If this is (which I am sure it will be) still an issue and a movement I would like to join you all in the efforts if they are still taking place around the area.
 #105631  by stephpd

Doubtful. He's anti gun. But good luck trying.