Local, national and world news stories of interest.
 #106401  by happyghost

http://www.middletowntranscript.com/art ... /151029792

A resident of the Lakeside community in Middletown is facing charges after an incident that occurred late on Monday, Oct. 26 where he allegedly confronted a police officer at his door with a loaded weapon.

According to the Middletown Police Department, an officer was investigating a parking complaint and found two trailers that were in violation of Middletown parking ordinances. When the officer attempted to make contact with the resident to issue the parking summons, Thanh T. Chau, 36, of the unit block of Silver Lake Drive approached the front door with a .45 caliber gun in his possession, police said.

When the officer identified himself as a police officer and ordered Chau to drop the weapon, Chau refused to do so and removed it from the holster, placing the officer in fear for his life. Chau eventually complied with repeated verbal commands to put the gun down and surrendered without further incident. A loaded Kimber Custom II .45 caliber pistol was seized.

Chau was charged with aggravated menacing, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, and resisting arrest. He was arraigned and received a $16,000 unsecured bond.

Police issued Chau with no contact order with the victim and was ordered to relinquish any/all additional firearms that he owns to the police department. A resident of the Lakeside community in Middletown is facing charges after an incident that occurred late on Monday, Oct. 26 where he allegedly confronted a police officer at his door with a loaded weapon.
Last edited by happyghost on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #106407  by dave_in_delaware

When the officer identified himself as a police officer and ordered Chau to drop the weapon, Chau refused to do so and removed it from the holster, placing the officer in fear for his life.
So, it was holstered when the officer told him to drop the weapon? Huh? So in order to actually DROP the weapon it would have to be unholstered. What?

And, if you come to MY house, why must I disarm?
 #106425  by jslacker

Kuntryboy816 wrote:Something smells fishy here.....
I agree, sounds like some details are missing from this story.