Local, national and world news stories of interest.
 #108310  by Amy Blackthorn

Was in the gun store the other day perusing when a trooper swaggered in the store trying to convince everyone that Maryland and Delaware had signed reciprocity into law and would go into effect on the 13th.

I grew up in Maryland so I don't believe this for a second.

Am I just too skeptical? I tried searching and didn't see anything about this. One, I wonder why someone would make this up. Two, just because someone is a trooper doesn't mean they know what they are talking about. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #108311  by pick_six

given that maryland doesn't recognize ANY OTHER STATE, i would believe the story false.

now, maybe they are changing, but given their stance on guns in general, i would not believe it.

for the states that do not honor ANY other states permits, i'd like to see the free states remove recognition. md/nj/ny/ca/hi and any i may have missed.

given all the "connected folks" in the states that deny the right to JohnQ, it would be an interesting turn of events. maybe famous folks would have some desire to see more reciprocity.

that said, they probably have their security provided by retired leo's which get their "permits" due to leosa.
 #108312  by whatevah

I don't see anything on the MDShooters forum, if it's legit, I'd figure that at least one person there would have posted it. Would be awesome if true, but highly unlikely...
 #108313  by GatorDude

Me thinks that trooper was making it up or was playing a cruel prank! I cannot imagine MD doing that. However, since I live on the DE/MD border, I'd love for it to happen. I hate having to leave my firearm at home every time I need to go to MD or having to stop and pick it up from my house when coming from MD.
 #108314  by NormH3

Maryland doesn't allow most of their citizens to carry. Why would they allow someone from Delaware to do so? Sumthin' don't smell right....
 #108315  by NCC

I'm from