Local, national and world news stories of interest.
 #108346  by Fishhunter911

There was a shooting 2 streets over from me last night. 5 in the morning. What the hell is happening to Bear, De. Seems everyday there is a new shooting within 5 miles from me. Not much info being released. I did find out this morning he passed away last night. :poed:

http://delawarefreenews.org/2016/07/09/ ... condition/

BEAR, DELAWARE (7/9/2016) The victim of a shooting this morning in the Rutledge community in Bear is in critical condition, New Castle County police said.

The shooting was discovered early today by a Delaware State Police trooper investigating a single-car accident at the entrance to Rutledge. The lone occupant of the car was found to be suffering from a gunshot wound, and county police found evidence of the shooting a short distance away in the first block of Baywatch Road.

The male victim was taken by ambulance to Christiana Hospital in Stanton.

Cpl. Tracey Duffy said detectives are still investigating and more details will be provided later.

She asked anyone with information to call 302-573-2800 or offer tips at www.nccpd.com.
 #108351  by CorBon

I hope that you're not thinking that the decline on that area is something new, as shootings have been occurring regularly within five miles of that area for the last couple of decades. Either rolling West down 40, or North up Route 7 -- it's been bad.
 #108352  by Fishhunter911

i have lived here for 13 years, aside from a murder/suicide there has been no violent crime in this area. Sure there has been domestic related incidents, but those happen everywhere. Shooting into a car is something entirely new for here.
 #108353  by CorBon

Forty-eight years here, except for my time in the military. And, again -- there has been a lot of violent crime in the area. Brookmont, Glasgow Trailer Court, Wellington Woods, various neighborhoods down Smalleys Dam Road, the apartments across from the State yard on Route 7, Christiana Mall, the Vinings, and the list goes on. Just the other night a guy was shot in Brookmont, while sitting in a car. Just two years ago a guy was shot and killed maybe two-hundred feet from that shooting. Two weeks ago the guy was shot and killed in a car down by Glasgow Pines. Stores get robbed up and down Route 40, people get shot, people get stabbed -- and while it may not be Killmington, it ain't safe, either.

And that's not even getting into what happens when you go the other direction, over towards Route 13 -- with Beaver Brook and all the happiness that surrounds that area.
 #108363  by Kuntryboy816

CorBon wrote:Forty-eight years here, except for my time in the military. And, again -- there has been a lot of violent crime in the area. Brookmont, Glasgow Trailer Court, Wellington Woods, various neighborhoods down Smalleys Dam Road, the apartments across from the State yard on Route 7, Christiana Mall, the Vinings, and the list goes on. Just the other night a guy was shot in Brookmont, while sitting in a car. Just two years ago a guy was shot and killed maybe two-hundred feet from that shooting. Two weeks ago the guy was shot and killed in a car down by Glasgow Pines. Stores get robbed up and down Route 40, people get shot, people get stabbed -- and while it may not be Killmington, it ain't safe, either.

And that's not even getting into what happens when you go the other direction, over towards Route 13 -- with Beaver Brook and all the happiness that surrounds that area.
Been living in GTC for almost 13 years now.. wife's been here for as long as she can remember... I SOOOOOOOO need to get the heck out of Dodge!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

The Food Lion right at the front of our neighborhood was robbed at gunpoint last week!! I sure am glad they don't care about my M&P40 when I go there.
 #108365  by CorBon

Kuntryboy816 wrote: Been living in GTC for almost 13 years now.. wife's been here for as long as she can remember... I SOOOOOOOO need to get the heck out of Dodge!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

The Food Lion right at the front of our neighborhood was robbed at gunpoint last week!! I sure am glad they don't care about my M&P40 when I go there.
The sad part is that all of these neighborhoods started out as just being normal. And even sadder -- there are a lot of "normal" people trapped in them, still. And 99% of the time when you hear about something bad happening -- the actors aren't residents of that area. In fact, I always say that bad people tend not to rob other people on their own area -- because those people don't have anything, either.

Many of these areas were "made" into bad areas by either the County (such as in Brookmont), or poor planning. Take the demolition of GTC, to be replaced by "luxury" apartments. How long before those luxury apartments are filled with either Section 8 or just problems? Of course, I see that the current management has let the place turn into something that looks like a third-world country. I also can see why you need the Jeep -- because a Corolla couldn't make it through those streets!