Local, national and world news stories of interest.
 #109617  by Owen

Brick and mortar does have a tough time surviving with all the internet cheapo sites out there. But I have read that millennial's are not patient enough for even two-day shipping so maybe if they can hold out a little longer brick and mortar may have a comeback - if they can keep things in stock.

I hope to be able to do my part to "stimulate the local economy" in March! ;)
 #109630  by pick_six

Recall a story recently that the bass pro / cabelas merger was in jeopardy again.

Lots of overhead involved in those places. Bass pro is way overpriced.

Lgs was running a g21 at something like 580ish. Bps was 699. Granted, I used credit card reward points for most of the purchase, but the price premium destroyed the already low reward rate.
 #109633  by 2xTony

Ever since i started paying for amazon prime the only stuff i buy at real stores is guns, some ammo, gun powder and some food since amazon does a lot of food now too. Its not even worth fighting my way through a walmart

And when i can log right on cabellas or brownells and get almost any gun part i need why bother paying more at cabelas?

Its a shame i cant just get the whole gun mailed to me legally. Though i have legally bought a few antique rifles from ima-usa and black powder revolvers that were mailed to my house.
 #109650  by Amy Blackthorn

pick_six wrote:Recall a story recently that the bass pro / cabelas merger was in jeopardy again.

Lgs was running a g21 at something like 580ish. Bps was 699. Granted, I used credit card reward points for most of the purchase, but the price premium destroyed the already low reward rate.
Yeah the Fed Trade Commission is determining whether or. It the merger constitutes a monopoly.
 #109663  by Owen

Amy Blackthorn wrote:
pick_six wrote:Recall a story recently that the bass pro / cabelas merger was in jeopardy again.

Yeah the Fed Trade Commission is determining whether or. It the merger constitutes a monopoly.
They are planning to corner the market on hip-waders! :toilet: