Local, national and world news stories of interest.
 #110239  by CorBon

If it ain't broke ...

I don't think that the current system is so broken that they need to charge more money to hire a Commission. I don't understand why it takes so long, but I'm willing to believe that installing a Commission can't possibly make it better. For example, my last PA paper was approved while I went to go pee-pee.

Everyone yaks about the current volume being the reason that there is a delay, but as I've asked before -- what was the excuse for delays twenty years ago?
 #110240  by pick_six

Speed up.?remove newspaper requirement?

Rate increase. Carve out.

Non resident tag. Good if you're from Md nj ny etc,

doing more reciprocity from states that actually issue would be better. Be nice if they expanded that. Reciprocity wouldn't generate revenue.
 #110243  by radnor

pick_six wrote: Rate increase.

doing more reciprocity from states that actually issue would be better. Be nice if they expanded that. Reciprocity wouldn't generate revenue.
No rate increase for the police who want a CCDW, still @ $65.00. But, OURS will go up.
For our bordering neighbors, I thought is said they had to have home state first. So, no change for MD or NJ.

Also like how the article said standardize the training requirements. If Photog or I teach it, we still MUST cover a-j now.
 #110247  by pick_six

Good point about the may, but wont, issue neighbors.
radnor wrote:
pick_six wrote: Rate increase.

No rate increase for the police who want a CCDW, still @ $65.00. But, OURS will go up.
For our bordering neighbors, I thought is said they had to have home state first. So, no change for MD or NJ.

Also like how the article said standardize the training requirements. If Photog or I teach it, we still MUST cover a-j now.