Local, national and world news stories of interest.
 #57561  by jslacker

So I briefly glance at CNN at the monitor at work and saw a student was shot at a North Carolina school, and they were showing images of an evacuation. Does anybody have a news link to this?
 #57562  by jslacker

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... b3e427ebc6

Sheriff: 1 student shot, wounded at NC high school
(AP) – 40 minutes ago
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a student was shot and wounded at a North Carolina high school. No arrests have been made, and no gun has been recovered.
Cape Fear High School in Fayetteville was placed on lockdown Monday and parents told to stay away until the scene is cleared by law enforcement. Neighboring Mac Williams Middle School was also locked down, with no students allowed in or out.
Sheriff Earl "Moose" Butler said a female student was shot with what appeared to be a small-caliber bullet. She has been taken to a nearby hospital. Butler says no suspects have been arrested.
Assistant Superintendent Theresa Perry says parents would be advised later in the afternoon as to when they could pick up their children.
 #57576  by Dr. Eastwood

The only thing I can contribute to this is that I giggled when I heard it was "Cape Fear".

And if you haven't seen that movie I'll slap you.