Login    

Register FAQ  •  Search    

· Home ·   Forums ·  Who Are We? ·  What is Open Carry? ·  CCDW Process ·  FAQ ·  Contact ·  Terms ·

Fundraiser to Support Delaware Open Carry!

We've come to that time of the year when our server lease and domain name registrations are coming up for renewal. In the past, many of you have expressed your generosity in the form of donations in order to keep the site running - I'm asking for your support again this year.

Please visit our donation information page for more details and, if you enjoy this site, if you've ever attended our gatherings or, if this community has brought you some knowledge or entertainment, please give what you can to keep us going.

→ Donation Information Page ←

It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fed bill to remove suppressors from NFA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:58 am 

There was the old thread in this direction, but here is the latest attempt.

Who knows, maybe with R's across the board, it'll pass. Or show R's aRen't any different than D's

The hearing protection act, as it's called:

http://www.guns.com/2017/01/10/hearing- ... -congress/

Post subject: Re: Fed bill to remove suppressors from NFA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:27 pm 

pick_six wrote:

Who knows, maybe with R's across the board, it'll pass. Or show R's aRen't any different than D's

I'll have to give the bill a read through. I hope it includes some provision to de-criminalize hearing protection in states like Delaware.

"... I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind... Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." - 1785 August 19. (Jefferson to Peter Carr).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:59 pm 

Owen wrote:
pick_six wrote:

I'll have to give the bill a read through. I hope it includes some provision to de-criminalize hearing protection in states like Delaware.

It does not. There is a provision to preempt extra registration, engraving, and I think taxes, but it does not preempt complete prohibition. I believe this was a necessary tradeoff to reduce opposition to the bill. We need to work on our prohibition within our own legislature / courts.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:31 pm 

astro_wanabe wrote:
It does not. There is a provision to preempt extra registration, engraving, and I think taxes, but it does not preempt complete prohibition. I believe this was a necessary tradeoff to reduce opposition to the bill. We need to work on our prohibition within our own legislature / courts.

A law suit maybe is in order once it passes and we get some better SCOTUS judges. We need to go back to the idea that we are not limited to anything in common use by LEO or military. Supresors are almost standard issue now.

"... I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind... Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." - 1785 August 19. (Jefferson to Peter Carr).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:47 pm 

One other recent article noted that a D in Illinois introduced a bill to allow suppressor for hunting.

A rock solid D state like IL introducing such a bill may get things moving in a place DE!

A little hope for you guys.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:36 am 

Aim higher, repeal the NFA:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:03 pm 

Signed.

But here is something interesting - verizon blocks the verification email but outlook (hotmail) didn't. Something fishy going on with verizon. I tested with a few others (Huges amendment) and those went through to verizon. I wonder what key words they are using to filter my email, hmm?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:34 pm 

another died in the wool, blue state putting suppressors on the menu! it may not pass, but the bill is there.

hawaii.

they're as blue as it gets! senate =100%d house 80++%d.

there doing some other stuff which is heavily a2a in nature.