Login    

Register FAQ  •  Search    

· Home ·   Forums ·  Who Are We? ·  What is Open Carry? ·  CCDW Process ·  FAQ ·  Contact ·  Terms ·

Fundraiser to Support Delaware Open Carry!

We've come to that time of the year when our server lease and domain name registrations are coming up for renewal. In the past, many of you have expressed your generosity in the form of donations in order to keep the site running - I'm asking for your support again this year.

Please visit our donation information page for more details and, if you enjoy this site, if you've ever attended our gatherings or, if this community has brought you some knowledge or entertainment, please give what you can to keep us going.

→ Donation Information Page ←

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Del State Senator meets MD A2A and TSA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:14 pm 

hmmmm...

wow, christie has to pardon folks in NJ, i wonder how this is gonna turn out?

sen brian pettyjohn had concealed firearm in laptop bag at salisbury airport.

http://www.businessinsider.com/brian-pe ... tor-2017-6

hope he has a good lawyer.

Post subject: Re: Del State Senator meets MD A2A and TSA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:40 am 

"Pettyjohn was released without being arrested after authorities interviewed him."

Now, do you think that would have happened to any of us? Of course, we are responsible gun owners and would not do the stupid crap this politician did.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:16 pm 

He wasn't arrested but I think he is still facing felony charges.

Maybe he will fight this to the Supreme Court forcing national reciprocity? :mrgreen:

"... I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind... Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." - 1785 August 19. (Jefferson to Peter Carr).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:38 am 

Owen wrote:
He wasn't arrested but I think he is still facing felony charges.

Maybe he will fight this to the Supreme Court forcing national reciprocity? :mrgreen:

Even if we already had national reciprocity, he was attempting to bring a firearm onto a plane in his carryon bag. Because he is a DE CCW permit holder, this kind of negligence is inexcusable. He deserves the felony charges.

"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Targetmaster
Certified Glock Armorer
DE CCW
PA LTCF

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:43 pm 

soundman2345 wrote:
Even if we already had national reciprocity, he was attempting to bring a firearm onto a plane in his carryon bag. Because he is a DE CCW permit holder, this kind of negligence is inexcusable. He deserves the felony charges.

Guns on planes is not a big deal to me. They are there anyway, with the air marshals and many pilots being armed. Not sure if we're all old enough to remember, but they didn't used to screen passengers with metal detectors like they do today. To me it is the same as anything else. A free person is armed a slave is not.

"... I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind... Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." - 1785 August 19. (Jefferson to Peter Carr).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:18 pm 

I honestly believe he forgot it was in the bag which is exactly why I tell everyone who will listen to never carry off your body. It's too easy to forget and even easier for a thief to take it from you.

Now, I have a story......
My ex wife and I were going to family court in Dover to change my child support and the ex had a gun in her purse. She went thru the security and the screener saw it on the xray. He told her to go put it in her car. She has no CCW and tried to bring a gun into a court, why she didn't get arrested is beyond me.
The Capitol PO says to me "I just possibly saved your life". I said, if she wants to kill me, she's got a second chance now. Dumb ass.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:43 am 

A story from delonline said he was charged, for having a firearm on a.plane.

Further Down the article, it says the gun never made it on the plane.

I am thinking someone us a bit confused.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:19 am 

Not confused at all, discussing the article from the Business Insider. If you can post the other link we can read it too.