Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #101263  by California_Exile

All,

The Delaware Association of Second Amendment Lawyers is sponsoring what it hopes will be the first annual seminar on firearms law, on the morning of Thursday, October 30, at the Doubletree Hotel on King Street in Wilmington. Speakers will include Professor Stephen Halbrook (author of "Gun Control in the Third Reich," "That Every Man Be Armed" and other bestsellers, speaking on recent developments in 2nd Amendment jurisprudence), Francis Pileggi (who litigated the Doe v. Wilmington Housing Authority case, speaking on recent developments in Delaware law on RKBA issues) and Judge William Witham of the Delaware Superior Court (speaking on procedures for obtaining a CCDW license, including court hearings and appeal rights).

This is primarily directed at Delaware-licensed attorneys, and 3 hours of CLE (including 1 hour of Ethics credit) is available. For lawyers seeking CLE credit, $50 for DASAL members, $70 for non-members, register by 10/17. Not sure whether non-lawyers can attend for free (because, you know, nobody's got anything better to do on a Thursday morning...:roll:) but I can inquire if there's interest. Seminar materials may also become available at some point.
 #101267  by MrCoolDale

I would love to attend this. I'd probably pay to get in, but if its free that's even better.
Any further info on this would be much appreciated.
 #101299  by MrCoolDale

Dugan wrote:I guess it only applies to those on welfare or unemployment.. typical
Why would you say that? Not all of us have the luxury of a Monday through Friday job. Those of us in 24 hour businesses (I work for the railroad) end up with swing shifts and odd days off. My schedule consists of a night shift, two day shifts, and two middle shifts with Thursday and Friday off. Just because I sit at home on a Thursday morning doesn't mean I'm unemployed.

It would also seem that this lecture is targeted towards lawyers; it would make sense for them to want to go during work hours. All of my training classes take place during my scheduled shifts.
 #101303  by Dugan

MrCoolDale wrote:
Dugan wrote:I guess it only applies to those on welfare or unemployment.. typical
Why would you say that? Not all of us have the luxury of a Monday through Friday job. Those of us in 24 hour businesses (I work for the railroad) end up with swing shifts and odd days off. My schedule consists of a night shift, two day shifts, and two middle shifts with Thursday and Friday off. Just because I sit at home on a Thursday morning doesn't mean I'm unemployed.

It would also seem that this lecture is targeted towards lawyers; it would make sense for them to want to go during work hours. All of my training classes take place during my scheduled shifts.
Not everyone is Union and works swing shifts.

Most of the working community works a M-F job.
 #101308  by MrCoolDale

Dugan wrote:Not everyone is Union and works swing shifts.

Most of the working community works a M-F job.
I would strongly disagree with that sentiment. I have worked many different jobs, both union and non-union. That aside, I was pointing out that just because someone is at home on a Thursday, it doesn't mean they are the dredges of society. Not everything is as black & white as many would like to believe.