Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #102068  by NCC

Is it just me or can anyone find out which party he is affiliated with? After seeing Markell's endorsement I now know which party, just thing it weird that he does not seem to mention being a Democrat.

http://www.MattDenn.com
 #102069  by phlydude

He used to be the insurance commissioner, and IMHO being a former insurance agent, he did a sh!tty job. Had an opportunity to change the auto insurance zoning and failed to do so. Instead of being zip code based, we continue to be county based zoning for our rates. Wilmington's uninsured base affects everyone's premiums in NCC. I would be screwed because my zip (702) is in the same as the mall area. I'm sure there is plenty of vandalism/theft over there.

As far as identifying himself as a dem, or lack of, don't alienate ones self when dems are going to have a tough fight ahead of them in these elections - need our downstate folks to turn out in volume and need a blizzard upstate! Haha
 #102082  by MrCoolDale

It is worth mentioning that the two issues they touched on are issues we should agree with. They said he will go after people selling firearms to felons and he will actually put violent offenders in jail.

I understand he'll actually do a lot more that isn't in our interest, I'm only commenting on the two issues mentioned in the video.
 #102118  by California_Exile

MrCoolDale wrote:It is worth mentioning that the two issues they touched on are issues we should agree with. They said he will go after people selling firearms to felons and he will actually put violent offenders in jail.

I understand he'll actually do a lot more that isn't in our interest, I'm only commenting on the two issues mentioned in the video.
It's the political silly season, and the transparent lying is in full swing. It's nice that Comrade Denn's party has realized that their rhetoric from the 60s and 70s about compassion and tough lives and down-on-their-luck and misunderstood and depraved-on-account-I'm-deprived doesn't work any more. It alienates more normal people than it draws in hippy-dippy hug-a-thug types (who are still distressingly numerous), and lock-'em-up-throw-away-the-key has been a vote winner since the 1990s.

On the other hand, it's all complete garbage. There's a reason Comrade Denn's party wants to enfranchise felons in prison and convicts who have been released from prison. There's a reason their strategy for dealing with violent crime consists of paying felons to stand on street corners and disseminate an anti-violence message, in between cat-calling at women (as I observed on the streets of Wilmington yesterday). There's a reason they want to disarm you.
 #104685  by Just Bill

He has been running for guv ever since taking his AG post. Unfortunately, we can safely bet that the next guv will be a dem, likely him.
 #104692  by brich2929

Delaware has a disease. It's called Democrats. It's persistent like herpes.
 #104695  by NormH3

brich2929 wrote:Delaware has a disease. It's called Democrats. It's persistent like herpes.
I take exception to this comment. My parents have been Democrats for years. They know the party has gone awry, but refuse to change affiliation because they believe the party has been stolen by progressives and it wasn't that way years ago. There have been many decent Democrats. Zell Miller comes to mind. There are many bad Republicans. Let's just say that Delaware has a progressive disease. The problem with our country, and perhaps Delaware, is too many people vote party lines. Perhaps if we all took the time to research our candidates as opposed to pulling all the red levers or all the blue levers, we would be in better shape now.
 #104703  by NCC

NormH3 wrote:
brich2929 wrote: The problem with our country, and perhaps Delaware, is too many people vote party lines. Perhaps if we all took the time to research our candidates as opposed to pulling all the red levers or all the blue levers, we would be in better shape now.
Hear! Hear!
:applause:
Last edited by NCC on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #104705  by Owen

I just look at history. Delaware has had a Democrat governor since Carper in 1993. Delaware is not better off since 1993. We've lost a lot of good jobs and even banks are leaving now. We should try a different point of view.

Electing the same party over and over for the last 20+ years has not gotten different results. Sounds more like the definition of crazy to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Go ... f_Delaware