Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #104153  by Glock'n it

what will it take to liftt the ban of supressors in Delaware or how can we attempt doing so. mabe if we succeed it may open a door to future 2a freedom in the first state.
Last edited by Glock'n it on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #104154  by pick_six

Several states which have recently become more permissive in the use of cans have used hunting as the lever. Granted, they were not illegal there before being allowed to hunt.

Now, the downside of Delaware is that rifles are not legal, but with pistol hunting being offered, it may help. Framing in the context of population density/hunting areas, would be an angle.

That said, I wouldn't expect it to work. Maybe a few pol's would support but the bulk would fear the millions who would die as a result. (Yes, the last part is sarcasm) it seems a little too D/A2A.

Talking to your reps would be a start.
(and my point about hunting isn't to say it's the only use, but maybe an icebreaker, given that other states are moving in that direction. It could give your request more weight)
Glock'n it wrote:what will it take to liftt the ban of supressors in Delaware or how can we attempt doing so. mabe if we succeed it may open a door to future 2a freedom in the first state.
 #104155  by Glock'n it

i am going to try to push this issue just need the support. i dont see any reason why it would not be ok because the fact you have to do the paper work for the batf so anyone in posession without a tax stamp would be penalized. I feel like its time for us to stand for our freedoms and i will be point man on this issue
 #104156  by Surface Dragon

Suppressed firearms are rad and we all want them.

There is quite a bit of ridiculousness surrounding suppressor laws. Like how they're considered firearms and how the lawmakers used the terminology "silencer" instead of "suppressor" because the inventor Hiram Percy Maxim used that word as a marketing gimmick.

Also how the law considers anything that suppresses the sound of a firearm instantly becomes a "silencer". So if someone discharges a firearm in the pouring rain or from the inside of a vehicle does that mean that you just turned the rain or your vehicle into a silencer/firearm?

Doesn't unreasonable taxation also go against some core american beliefs?

If silencers are considered firearms and firearms are considered arms does that mean that your right to keep as well as bear them shall not be infringed?

As a musician it is vital for me to protect my hearing. I'm with you and I would love to see firearm suppressors available in Delaware as well as everywhere else.

I don't know what would be the best way we would go about legalizing suppressors in DE. But I also wonder what would be the best way to fully legalize them federally(no tax or check)?

Glock'n it - You might want to consider changing the name of this thread to something like - Stop the Suppression on Suppressors - or - Help Lift DE Suppressor Ban - so that the name reflects the content in the thread slightly more rather than just asking a question with no context and saying please read. I would read this thread even if you didn't politely ask me to read it. And high five for liking Glock and suppressors.
 #104157  by phlydude

If you were to legally purchase a suppressor, would you shoot it only in DE? If not, would you own it via trust?
Crossing state lines without written approval is a no-no and for the range I would want to go to, would involve a bit of preplanning.
 #104158  by Glock'n it

what does not make sense is in de you can get a stamp for a sbr and not being a rifle state but why are cans not ok? how about .22 for squirrels varmin also fox hunting with a .223 what gets me is how we can own sbr's but not cans. I'm going to make the push for our rights here im going to get up with our state reps.
 #104160  by steve

A suppressor is a safety device that protects hearing. It's strange that when I get my sports car inspected the state is upset if it doesn't have a muffler that reduces the sound, but with nfa registration tax stamps we still are not allowed to muffle our guns!

I totally support trying to get this passed
 #104161  by Surface Dragon

I hope nobody takes it upon themselves to go out OCing something with a faux suppressor seeking to capture reactions for some type of publicity in an attempt to raise awareness for this.

That being said if it does become legal I would probably be the first person in the state to proudly OC a suppressed pistol.
 #104165  by Glock'n it

im doing my reasearch on this subject and am going to hire a "James Madison" to write this bill and revise the existing law. we need to introduce this to all of our district reps to flood the house and get alot of attention to this bill.