Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #107692  by NormH3

I follow 2 bicycle FB pages (Newark Bicycle Committee and Newark Bike Project) and noticed that they both posted a ride about a group coming from Sandy Hook to DC to create an awareness of better gun control. I made a comment on each page that I didn't think it was appropriate that bicycle non-profits were supporting this political agenda. Within 10 minutes, both pages removed the post about the ride. Unfortunately, I didn't note when they are coming to town, but the meeting spot was Curtis Mill Park and the rally was to be held at UofD...possibly at Carpenter before they head south to DC. It may be this weekend.

EDIT: here is the info... It's Perkins, not Carpenter.

Big News!!!
DELAWARE GOVERNOR TO RIDE WITH ‪#‎TEAM26‬
Delaware Governor Jack Markell, other Delaware officials, and Delaware Coalition Against Gun Violence and Bike Delaware members will ride with #Team26 onto the University of Delaware campus on Monday April 11th for an event at 10:30 at the Perkins Student Center.
Not only is Governor Markell a strong advocate for cycling (under his leadership, Delaware is now ranked as the 3rd most bike friendly state), but he led Delaware to enact significant gun violence prevention laws in the wake of Sandy Hook. He was joined in the effort by Matt Denn, now the Attorney General, who met Team26 last year and Attorney General Beau Biden.
Governor Markell did not stop there however. On October 2, 2015, he signed a bipartisan bill that addresses gaps in Delaware law to help protect domestic violence victims from abusers with access to firearms.

https://www.facebook.com/SandyHookRideOnWashington
 #107694  by Kuntryboy816

I wonder if the road closure signs I saw Sunday when I was down there fishing have anything to do with this?? I can almost certainly guarantee they do. Signs stated that part of Main St and the road that follows White Clay Creek were to be closed the 11th-13th...