Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #109060  by DMac

I just sent the following message to my Democrat senators and representative in Washington:

"I use to write to you in the past. I stopped doing so, because you wouldn't listen. You continued to press your liberal agenda on this nation, in the face of the voices of people like me. Now, we've gone over your head and elected someone who listens. You blew it. You and your ilk, with your arrogance and delusions of your own superiority, blew it bigtime and in the process have lost your political power to a Trump led, Republican party. Congratulations. I hope you are happy with your self-destruction."

I encourage you to write something similar to them. They may not be smart enough to interpret the true meaning of the election on their own.
 #109063  by NCC

Good point, thanks for that idea!

Dear Mr. Coons,

I used to write you about gun issues that I was concerned with but now I will not have to waste my time any longer. At least for 2 years, maybe 4, and if I am really lucky 8. With a totally Republican led Congress and Executive branch, and a conservative led Court, I will not need your services any longer for my 2nd Amendment rights. And it is about time I might add as you have proven you are not a resource I can depend on in this area. No matter what you promised us when you ran for office.

At least now there will not be a ban on rifles that Democrats don't like. Perhaps we can finally get the intrastate concealed carry reciprocity we so sorely deserve. The last time that came up for a vote in the Senate it failed by 2 votes. I have always laid that squarely on the 2 Delaware Democratic Senators. I realize that was not you but I do know that in my heart of hearts you would have been with them.

I certainly hope that you can learn to work with your Republican peers quickly as they are going to be for quite some time. You still have an agenda and if you hope to have any of it accomplished then you will need to help build a bridge over the deep divide you and your fellow Democrats have created with them.

It is hard living in a Republican state lead by a Democratic county full of liberal imports from other states. This past election is a glaring example of this.

Sincerely,
 #109106  by NCC

Huh. It's been a week and no response. Imagine that.
 #109107  by GatorDude

NCC wrote:Huh. It's been a week and no response. Imagine that.
I'm sure you will eventually get a canned response thanking you for your communication and telling you how important your issue is to him, etc. :banghead:
 #109108  by NCC

:pointlaugh: