Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #110214  by NCC

"Pettyjohn was released without being arrested after authorities interviewed him."

Now, do you think that would have happened to any of us? Of course, we are responsible gun owners and would not do the stupid crap this politician did.
 #110220  by Owen

He wasn't arrested but I think he is still facing felony charges.

Maybe he will fight this to the Supreme Court forcing national reciprocity? :mrgreen:
 #110222  by soundman2345

Owen wrote:He wasn't arrested but I think he is still facing felony charges.

Maybe he will fight this to the Supreme Court forcing national reciprocity? :mrgreen:
Even if we already had national reciprocity, he was attempting to bring a firearm onto a plane in his carryon bag. Because he is a DE CCW permit holder, this kind of negligence is inexcusable. He deserves the felony charges.
 #110227  by Owen

soundman2345 wrote:Even if we already had national reciprocity, he was attempting to bring a firearm onto a plane in his carryon bag. Because he is a DE CCW permit holder, this kind of negligence is inexcusable. He deserves the felony charges.
Guns on planes is not a big deal to me. They are there anyway, with the air marshals and many pilots being armed. Not sure if we're all old enough to remember, but they didn't used to screen passengers with metal detectors like they do today. To me it is the same as anything else. A free person is armed a slave is not.
 #110238  by Jonnybow

I honestly believe he forgot it was in the bag which is exactly why I tell everyone who will listen to never carry off your body. It's too easy to forget and even easier for a thief to take it from you.

Now, I have a story......
My ex wife and I were going to family court in Dover to change my child support and the ex had a gun in her purse. She went thru the security and the screener saw it on the xray. He told her to go put it in her car. She has no CCW and tried to bring a gun into a court, why she didn't get arrested is beyond me.
The Capitol PO says to me "I just possibly saved your life". I said, if she wants to kill me, she's got a second chance now. Dumb ass.
 #110241  by pick_six

A story from delonline said he was charged, for having a firearm on a.plane.

Further Down the article, it says the gun never made it on the plane.

I am thinking someone us a bit confused.
 #110242  by NCC

Not confused at all, discussing the article from the Business Insider. If you can post the other link we can read it too.