Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #110667  by pick_six

Wow! never thought i'd see it, but it is moving.

some talk of D's going for inserting Anti stuff. like the "nics fix".

it would be awesome not to have to get another state's non-resident permit to carry some places.

it would be even better to FORCE the usual suspects to honor permits. anything that makes the LA Times snowflakes melt, can't be bad.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editoria ... story.html

http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/ ... amendment/
 #110671  by Owen

If it passes and if DE updates the filing requirements to remove the ad in the paper and I might actually apply. :troll:
 #110672  by California_Exile

Owen wrote:If it passes and if DE updates the filing requirements to remove the ad in the paper and I might actually apply. :troll:
I haven't checked to see what the bill still contains, and who knows what the Senate and/or conference committee will do with it, but one version I saw said that you get to carry in any state with any state's permit. Which would be the end of the no-concealed-carrying-on-out-of-state-permit-for-Delaware-residents rule. Just go get a UT, AZ, FL, PA, whatever permit and you're good.

It'll be interesting to see if certain jurisdictions treat this the way they treat the FOPA interstate transport provisions, i.e., don't care, just arrest people and shake them down.
 #110683  by pick_six

The Senate will be the issue. The political analysis types are now saying "don't hold you're breath".

Hope their wrong.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like you must have you're home state ccw permit. For constitutional carry states, a state issued id that shows you a resident.

Also, you must follow state laws where you carry. When is California, you must know their laws. Like where carry is/isn't legal.

Somehow I see the Senate snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Hope I am wrong, guess I am getting cynical in my old age.

EDIT: the bits I have read reference handguns. The usual culprit long gun laws may still be an issue. Also, folks are saying this nullifies mag cap and ammo type bills. I am not sure about that, but thinking a visitor has hollow points would fry the brain of a NJ liberal, so I hope so.