Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #111554  by NCC

http://www.coons.senate.gov/kavanaugh

I don't recall his asking for this on Neil Gorsuch, which he voted against. FWIW, here were my thoughts, given the limited space Coons allowed for them.

I have always supported every decision made by the Supreme Court in my lifetime. This includes Roe v. Wade, District of Columbia v. Heller, National Federation of Independent Business v. Sebelius, and Obergefell v. Hodges. These are some of the most controversial decisions in my lifetime and I support each and every one of them. While all 3 branches are equal, we need this one to call out unconstitutional laws. I believe that this country needs a conservative court that can look at a law and show us how it is or is not constitutional. And to me the way to do that is to look at what was written in the Constitution, and its Amendments, evaluate the meanings of those words at the time it was written, and then look at the case before the Court right then. I believe that is exactly what Judge Kavanaugh will do. Unlike you, evidently, others are very hung up on how he might go back and change previous decisions. I honestly do not believe he has any interest in that. At least you seem to be giving this true consideration. I believe he is a good choice for a Justice.
 #111556  by Owen

Yep, I told him he was a very qualified judge and a great choice for SCOTUS! :)