Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #1639  by dave_in_delaware

Yeah, I'm working on getting my AR-15 lower NOW!!!! The upper should happen before November!

This Country is seriously f**ked in November. I won't get into details as to why, because I'm sure you all know already.
 #1681  by stephpd

I can't imagine why Obama would want the person that has been bad mouthing him for the last 16 months on the ticket. Can't see how she could help with all her negatives.

And Obama's view on the 2A is way wrong. He wants all handguns and all semi auto guns made illegal. And he calls that sensible gun control.

That would make 90% of all guns illegal.
 #1691  by dave_in_delaware

Obama is a gun grabber to the extreme. Don't let his BS fool you. He'll take EVERYTHING away if he gets into office.

Here's an article from the NRA's official journal (http://www.nrapublications.org/PC/index.asp)
president’s column
By John C. Sigler, PresidentA True Threat To Freedom

Right now, one of the most anti-gun politicians ever to set foot in Washington, D.C., may be just one election away from the Oval Office—and far too few gun owners realize the true threat to freedom this candidate represents.
No, it’s not Hillary Clinton—we already know how bad she is. It’s Senator Barack H. Obama, D-Ill., the man who promises “change” while pretending to offer “hope.” But exactly what kind of “change” is Obama “hoping” for?
It is far too easy for gun owners to slip into a false sense of security, unquestioningly accepting the candidate’s promises and proclamations regarding the Second Amendment; but the unreported truth is that Barack Obama has an atrocious record on your most fundamental civil right—the right to a firearm for self-defense.
Over the years, Barack Obama has either voiced support for, or voted to enact, laws to:

• ban all handguns
• ban the sale or transfer of all semi-automatic firearms
• ban the Right-to-Carry in every state, nationwide
• ban firearms in the home, even for self-protection

And he voted against a “self-defense exception,” which absolves folks of violating gun bans when their reason for violating those bans is to fend off criminal attack in the home.
Go to Obama’s website and you’ll see his claims of respect for your rights—claims which are, at best, misleading.
Obama’s website claims, “He will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding Americans to purchase, own, transport and use guns for the purposes of hunting and target shooting.”
But as the bumper sticker says—“The Second Amendment ain’t about duck hunting.”
In 1996, Obama’s Illinois state senate campaign answered a questionnaire indicating his support for a blanket ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns in Illinois.
In 2000, Obama sponsored a “one-gun-a-month” law to ration the Second Amendment rights of the law-abiding citizens of Illinois.
Obama has supported bans on ammunition magazines, gun-lock mandates, renewal of the 1994 Clinton gun ban and California-style gun registration. He voted against confirmation of both Chief Justice Roberts and Justice Alito for the U.S. Supreme Court, and then refused to sign the pro-gun “friend-of-the-court” brief filed by 55 other senators and 250 House members in the District of Columbia v. Heller gun ban case.
In July 2005, Obama voted against the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act—a vote against the rights of every law-abiding gun owner, dealer and manufacturer in America, and a vote against our national defense.
Obama even proposed a federal law banning licensed firearm dealers from operating within five miles of any school or park, nationwide! Imagine a map with a five-mile circle drawn around every school and park in the United States. Unless you live in the wilderness interior of Alaska, you probably couldn’t find a law-abiding gun dealer anywhere under Obama’s ban!
Yet, while Obama’s disdain for Second Amendment freedom appears limitless, his attitude toward armed, violent criminals has been one of benign neglect, at best.
In 1999, on a vote in the Illinois senate on whether to try teenage gang-bangers as adults when they fire a gun on or near school grounds, Obama voted “present” —the functional equivalent of “NO”!
In 2001, when Illinois lawmakers tried to control rampant gang violence by making gang members eligible for the death penalty when they commit murder to help their gang, Obama voted against the measure.
Responding to a Chicago Tribune questionnaire, Obama said he believed federal mandatory-sentencing laws used to put armed and violent predators behind bars should be abolished!
And if those same violent criminals attack you, Obama opposes your fundamental, God-given right to protect yourself. He opposes your Right to Carry. In fact, according to Obama’s own hometown newspaper, the Chicago Tribune, Obama supports federal legislation to ban the Right to Carry for everyone but police officers!
Obama supported Washington, D.C.’s total ban on handguns in the home for self-defense; and when Illinois lawmakers introduced a bill that would exonerate citizens for violating local gun bans if they used a gun to defend themselves in their homes, Obama voted “NO”!
Even attorney Walter Dellinger, who tried to defend the Washington, D.C., gun ban before the U.S. Supreme Court, admitted, “It is a universal or near universal rule of criminal law that there is a self-defense exception. It goes without saying.”
In other words, Barack Obama’s position is even more anti-gun than the District of Columbia’s! Obama’s record is clear—his concept of “hope and change” will surely result in anti-gun/anti-freedom changes bringing more hopelessness for the most helpless in our society.
Now is the time to act! Every gun owner in America must be alerted to Obama’s record. Please, tear out this page, copy it and distribute it to fellow gun owners, hunters, shooters, family and friends. Spread the word and get ready for the most important election battle of our lifetime.
 #1695  by cappilot06

Let's not lose hope too fast. Even if he's elected and tries to put forth this legislation, he will still need 2/3 majority in both House and Senate for approval. Even if the Dems maintain control of both, I still believe there are enough law-abiding citizens with firearms to persuade their representatives and senators to vote NO on his bills.

It should only take a few to prevent that 2/3 majority. I think Obama has more than enough momentum to win the election unfortunately. We all need to be prepared to contact our U.S. Senators and Congressman concerning voting NO when/if Obama wins and tries to remove guns from society.

Just remember, the founders of this country put the checks-and-balance system in place for a reason. While I am probably the most pessimistic person around concerning our federal government, I have to hope that the system will eventually block him and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
 #1698  by radnor

cappilot06 wrote: We all need to be prepared to contact our U.S. Senators and Congressman concerning voting NO when/if Obama wins and tries to remove guns from society
Capp what are you drinking this morning? Any left? I was some....

It's not a matter of contacting them, I'm sure we will. Our top 3 :censored: are NOT pro-gun in anyway.
 #1699  by cappilot06

Hey,
I'm in the lab this morning working with an LSD derivative.lol. That might explain it :pbjtime:

Your absolutely right about the top 3. I am writing in Ron Paul no matter what... its' a wasted vote any other way in my opinion.
 #1704  by radnor

Well, I wish we had better to choose from but we dont. I think I'm just going to have to hold my nose when I pull the lever (IT SURE AS HELL WILL NOT BE FOR Osama!).

My fear is those who write in is:
  • Can the write in win? - doubt it.
    Could the write in cost the :cough: better one the win? - maybe
 #1707  by dave_in_delaware

I usually keep my mouth shut when it comes to politics and religion, but I must say, this election's choices are the most pathetic and horrible that I can remember.

I'm NOT voting for a gun-hating elitist Canadian.
I'm NOT voting for a gun-hating wench of a woman.

Who's left? Some old guy....

:roll:

I've said it before. This Country is f--ked.
 #1708  by cappilot06

Hey Dave,
I couldn't agree with you more about us being royally f---d. I just can't bring myself to cast a vote for McCain either, but I might change my mind between now and November. He isn't any farther right (or better yet Conservative), and even conservatives don't care about the Constitution.

So yeah, we're pretty much f----d.

Why aren't there more people out there who care?!?!?!? :(