Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #2090  by George

please read the following and comment and correct. English is my second language and I have never been too good at it. (baby talk was my first)

Bill Pepper, Esq.
414 S. State Street
Dover, DE 19901
(302) 674-0140

I would like to bring to your attention the following Kent County park regulations that are in violation of Delaware State law:
§ 168-24. Regulations for special purpose activities areas.
The following activities are prohibited in the parks except within designated areas and subject to special regulations:
C. Possession and use of firearms of any type.

§ 168-35. Dangerous weapons.
Carrying or possessing, while in any area covered by this part, a gun, air gun, bow and arrow, sling, dart, projectile thrower, knife with blade more than three inches long or any other dangerous weapon is prohibited, provided that nothing in this section shall be construed as to prevent the use of target ranges and the use of bows and arrows by park visitors on officially established archery ranges.

The Delaware state law that invalidates these regulations is:
Code: Select all
Title 9, § 330(c):
The county governments shall enact no law or regulation prohibiting, restricting or licensing the ownership, transfer, possession or transportation of firearms or components of firearms or ammunition except that the discharge of a firearm may be regulated; provided any law, ordinance or regulation incorporates the justification defenses as found in Title 11 of the Delaware Code.

As I was visiting a county park with my wife and children I saw a prominently displayed sign that stated that my legally carried firearm was strictly prohibited. As I’m aware of the state law in this regard, I would find it to be very distressing to be arrested in front of my family for violating an illegal regulation. These signs, if left in place may cause misinformed park patrons to unnecessarily call the 911 service under the belief that they are helping. This could lead to a waste of our police’s valuable time, and possibly result in violations of my friends and my civil liberties. I am writing to you as a start in the process of helping remove this regulation from the Kent county code. Illegal regulations left on the books can only lead to waste of resources and embarrassment.
Sincerely,

George XXXXXXXX
 #2679  by George

Did anyone have any suggestions? or is it fine as is?
Thanks
 #2683  by Wynder

This looks good to me.
 #2696  by George

Thanks