Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #2661  by George

Wynder, guess you have to update your PDF.

Sec. 31-3. Carrying weapons; display of weapon.4

For all offenses committed after the effective date of this ordinance which involve the open carrying or concealed carrying or display or threatened use of any deadly weapon, dangerous weapon, or dangerous instrument as those terms are defined at 11 Del. C. Sec. 222, or any successor statute thereto, such offense shall be charged and prosecuted under applicable statutes in the Delaware Criminal Code.
(Ord. No. 08-08, Amend. No. 1, 5-12-08)
Editor's note: Ord. No. 08-08, Amend. No. 1, adopted May 12, 2008, amended section 31-3 in its entirety to read as herein set out. Formerly, section 31-3 pertained to carrying concealed weapons; display of weapon, and derived from the Code of 1959, chapter 5, § 703.

Its not so gray now.
 #2662  by Wynder

Outstanding!

Thanks for the update George -- this is excellent news.
 #2663  by myopicvisionary

So now Newark is the same as the rest of the state... save for Dover?
 #2664  by Wynder

As far as I know, the park ordinance for Newark is still in effect, though I haven't checked that. Outside of school zones, carry in Newark has been standardized.

Woot. :)
 #2666  by LordJim

this means that, outside of school zones,
In the past, hasn't all of Main St. been considered a School Zone? I realize that it's not K-12, but hasn't Main been a (perhaps THE) problem in the past?

-
Jim
 #2667  by myopicvisionary

Yeah, I just checked Municode.com and Section 2-71(j) is still showing!
 #2668  by Wynder

Well, you have Newark HS, an elementary school (I believe) and UD all right on Delaware Avenue and the surrounding area. It really depends on whether it's past that 1000' mark or not for the Federal Safe School Zone violation.
 #2669  by George

A question regarding:

(a) A person of full age and good moral character desiring to be licensed to carry a concealed deadly
weapon for personal protection or the protection of the person's property may be licensed to do so
when the following conditions have been strictly complied with:

Is there anything that defines "Full age" as 21 years as opposed to 18?
 #2670  by myopicvisionary

I thought the fed rule was for primary (grade) and secondary (high) schools only? Shouldn't western Main Street be OK?
 #2671  by George

don't know Newark well but your right about fed rule, doesn't include colleges and universities