Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #77293  by Dr. Eastwood

This isn't even subtle, it's the first part of enacting a total gun registry of every gun owner in America, the first steps towards "reclaiming" those oh so vile firearms. This act, through what they've termed as "grandfathering", will put nearly every firearm owner on the map when you consider that many popular semi-automatic handguns are sold with magazines over 10 rounds.
 #77297  by bmel17

gun owners are the new second class citizens. Hopefully this will lose steam once people actually calm down and read it.
 #77300  by cappilot06

Even if they pass this, are you planning on going and getting fingerprinted and registering all your weapons? I dont plan on it regatdless of what law they pass. It comes to a point where you just have to draw the line and say no, enough is enough.
 #77304  by SeanM

cappilot06 wrote:Even if they pass this, are you planning on going and getting fingerprinted and registering all your weapons? I dont plan on it regatdless of what law they pass. It comes to a point where you just have to draw the line and say no, enough is enough.
:applause:

I'll be right there with you. (Oh wait, that would make us domestic terrorists though, right?)

Sean
 #77308  by Mr.Skellington

cappilot06 wrote:Even if they pass this, are you planning on going and getting fingerprinted and registering all your weapons? I dont plan on it regatdless of what law they pass. It comes to a point where you just have to draw the line and say no, enough is enough.
That's it exactly. I wasn't alive to speak out when the National Firearms Act was enacted or I would have drew the line there. My line in the sand based upon the circumstances of birth is no firearm registrations. Enough is enough.

We are American's not the Brit's who, setting aside their 'buyers remorse' for a failed program of gun control, accounted for all but 8 firearms during their meltdown thanks to registration. There is no way that the American spirit can be as quiet and sheep like as those who willingly laid down their arms and bowed as slaves do before their masters in government. Our country's founders didn't fit into that mold and that's partially the reason we are here and don't accept that government owns our lives. Good luck trying to get compliance of that sort out of us.
 #77328  by WPCatfish

cappilot06 wrote:Even if they pass this, are you planning on going and getting fingerprinted and registering all your weapons?

How else do you expect them to issue you a gold star to wear on your clothing?
 #77329  by cappilot06

I still say that they will not come after guns for registration or confiscation by going door-to-door. They know full well the blood bath that would entail. It will be much more devious and hit people financially.

Once they start with-holding people's tax returns,garnishing their wages, or preventing them from getting a job...driver's license....debit card....credit card...use an ATM..etc, they will get people to willingly hand them over or agree to register.

They will not have to go door to door because they can make it so painful for people financially that they will do so willingly. It depends on how long people think they can hold out, but when your money supply is cut in half or completely taken from you, they will win.

And don't assume that because DE has no hand-gun registration that they won't know who has which firearms. Every gun dealer and FFL in the state keeps a record of every transaction. Once they are threatened with being put out of business unless they turn over those records, they will also cave. And by the way...that is part of the new proposed legislation that Pelosi is putting forward.

So just be aware that the methods the fed will employ to confiscate guns will not be the door to door, shoot it out variety. They know they will lose and so do we. They will go about it in a manner that they know works...hit people financially until they break.
 #77332  by VWpilot

This is what is most scary to me, and should be to all firearm owners in America:

This bill will require owners of existing “assault weapons” to register them with the federal government under the National Firearms Act (NFA). The NFA imposes a $200 tax per firearm, and requires an owner to submit photographs and fingerprints to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), to inform the BATFE of the address where the firearm will be kept, and to obtain the BATFE’s permission to transport the firearm across state lines.
Bill will prohibit the transfer of “assault weapons.” Under Feinstein’s new bill, “assault weapons” would remain with their current owners until their deaths, at which point they would have to be forfeited to the government.
Bill will target handguns in defiance of the Supreme Court. The Court ruled in District of Columbia v. Heller that the Second Amendment protects the right to have handguns for self-defense, in large part on the basis of the fact handguns are the type of firearm “overwhelmingly chosen by American society for that lawful purpose.”

Obama has stated several times now that he will do everything in his power to "facilitate change" regarding guns. Now is the time to voice your concerns to your elected representatives. Sorry to hijack OP thread here, but this bill is VERY SCARY! ~ Stay vigilant & stay safe ~ Rob