Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #85678  by Kuntryboy816

Does anyone else receive correspondence from NAGR? I don't exactly remember how I found them but I'm sure they seemed legit or I wouldn't have bothered with them. It's hard to verify any info I receive due to only being able to use my iPhone and when I can use the work PC the filters block a lot of sites. Below is an email I recently rec'd from them. Apologies for the long read.

Dear Jeremiah,

I've got bad news.

With the help of a handful of spineless Republicans, the gun grabbing Democrats and Governor Jack Markell have succeeded in passing a massive expansion of background checks with a de facto gun registry in Delaware.

But the war on guns in Delaware is NOT over.

You see, news reports have surfaced that the NRA is so hell-bent on getting a victory in Delaware, that they're even switching sides to do it.

That's right.

They're teaming up up with your gun-hating Attorney General, Beau Biden on House Bill 88 -- a GUN CONFISCATION bill.

If passed, HB-88 would give the state of Delaware the power to seek out and destroy the Second Amendment rights of any otherwise law-abiding gun owner they can label "mentally ill."

The "mental illness" angle is a potent weapon in the gun-grabbers arsenal to expanding the list of "prohibited persons" from owning a firearm.

Make no mistake -- it's not about identifying those who are truly a danger to themselves or others.

Reporting duties in those specific cases are ALREADY well established.

This bill is about finding an excuse to label as MANY residents of Delaware "mentally ill" as possible and stripping them of their gun rights -- including you.

In fact, thousands of law-abiding veterans have already been denied their Constitutional right to keep and bear arms based on being deemed "mentally defective" for having a trustee manage their Veterans Affair benefits!

These veterans are not a danger to themselves or others, yet over 100,000 have been denied for "mental health" reasons.

HB-88 would expand that practice to include anyone and everyone the statists in Delaware can find dirt on.

Worse, it would REQUIRE GUN CONFISCATION by directing law-enforcement:

"to forthwith search for and seize firearms and ammunition of any such person prohibited."

Now Jeremiah, I know you're not crazy, but the anti-gun lawmakers in Dover -- even "Republicans" -- are looking for any excuse they can hide behind to sound "reasonable" to the anti-gun crowd.

After all, just a few weeks ago it took hundreds -- or perhaps even thousands of your phone calls, emails, and questions to reign in supposedly "pro-gun" Republicans, like Senator Gerald Hocker.

Now the NRA has just handed all of them the perfect excuse.

I'm very afraid that unless you keep up the pressure, "pro-gun" Republicans and Democrats will be even MORE willing to flake off and join the rabid anti-gun crowd, including the NRA, who are calling for GUN CONFISCATION.

But what's worse is the untold consequences...

Experts have been cautioning that these proposals will scare law-abiding gun owners away from seeking "mental health" care if they need it.

Could you imagine... having the police barging through your front door and hauling off your firearms -- your PROPERTY -- just because you're grieving with loss of a loved one or some other major life event?

What if you and your spouse went to couples therapy?

Could you imagine... a minor disagreement necessitating your counselor reporting you to the government -- all because their employers are pressuring them to for liability reasons?

This bill opens up Pandora's box.

Anything you say or do that could possibly resemble a threat to yourself or others, EVEN if it is made while under the influence of pain medications or in an emergency room setting could result in you losing your right to keep and bear arms.

That is, if the gun grabbers have it their way.

Mental health prohibitions are a slippery slope that the Left wing liberal gun grabbers are happy to exploit.

Things are moving quickly.

And HB-88 isn't the only scheme in the works.

One other bill, SB-16, is on the verge of going to the Governor's desk.

If passed, this bill would make YOU -- the victim -- a FELON if you fail to report the loss or theft of your firearm within 48 hours.

Both HB-88 and SB-16 are on the verge of passing your State House.

Jeremiah, ONLY YOUR ACTION can help put an end to the War on Guns in Delaware.

That's why I need you to take action RIGHT NOW:

Please contact your state lawmakers (look them up by Clicking here).

*** Senate DEM: (302) 744-4286, GOP: (302) 744-4048.

*** House DEM: (302) 744-4351, GOP: (302) 744-4171.

URGE them to OPPOSE HB-88 -- the GUN CONFISCATION SCHEME -- as well as SB-16, and all anti-gun proposals.

These bills could move fast.

Right now, the legislature's schedule is extremely fluid. So, it's VITAL you contact them right away.

For Freedom,

Dudley Brown
Executive Vice President

P.S. News reports have surfaced that the NRA is actually working with anti-gun Attorney General Beau Biden on a GUN CONFISCATION bill in Delaware.

Jeremiah, I'm very worried this will trigger a domino effect of supposedly "pro-gun" Democrats and Republicans caving-in to the anti-gun agenda.

Please contact your state lawmakers (look them up by Clicking here).

*Senate DEM: (302) 744-4286, GOP: (302) 744-4048.

*House DEM: (302) 744-4351, GOP: (302) 744-4171.

URGE them to OPPOSE HB-88 -- the GUN CONFISCATION SCHEME -- as well as SB-16, and all anti-gun proposals.

Also, please consider chipping in $10 or $20 to help the National Association for Gun Rights keep up the fight for pro-gun legislation and against anti-gun schemes in Dover and Washington.

The National Association for Gun Rights is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, single-purpose citizens' organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the Constitutionally protected right-to-keep-and-bear-arms through an aggressive program designed to mobilize public opposition to anti-gun legislation. The National Association for Gun Rights' mailing address is P.O. Box 7002, Fredericksburg, VA 22404. They can be contacted toll-free at 1-877-405-4570. Its web address is http://www.NationalGunRights.org

Not produced or e-mailed at taxpayer expense.

To help the National Association for Gun Rights grow, please forward this to a friend.

To view this email as a web page, please click this link: view online.

Help fight gun control. Donate to the National Association for Gun Rights!

This message ....
You were added to the system January 8, 2013. For more information
click here.
Update your preferences | Unsubscribe
Last edited by Kuntryboy816 on Mon May 13, 2013 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #85679  by astro_wanabe

might want to remove your email at the end so you don't get inundated with spam.

I think I found NAGR through Facebook, liked one of their tshirt designs and bought it (or maybe bought a membership and got the tshirt as a "thank you" reward? don't remember)
 #85764  by Jack44

E-mail from Bridgeville club officers.

BRIDGEVILLE RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB, LTD.

!!! IMPORTANT INFORMATION !!!
It has come to the attention of the officers of the club that certain "pro 2nd Amendment" groups have been contacting NRA members and others purporting to represent Delaware gun owners.
Two of these groups, the National Association for Gun Rights and First State Liberty, are not, I repeat NOT, representative of the Club, DSSA or NRA here in Delaware. The leaders of these two groups, Dudley Brown and Eric Boye, are nothing but carpetbaggers. Brown is not even a Delaware resident. All they want is your money!!
If you receive any of their emails, ignore them, or respond saying no thanks, I will keep my funds here in Delaware.
At this time it is extremely important that we act with one voice. The Club, DSSA and NRA are actively protecting our rights here in Delaware. Groups such as these serve no purpose other than attempting to divide us, which only helps the anit-gunners.
Even though two of Markell's bills have passed, they were amended extensively by the DSSA and NRA to make them less offensive. Remember, the Democrats control both chambers and could have passed the bills without our input.
While the Markell administration will treat passage of these bills as a victory, we know better. What finally passed was not as bad as what was introduced. The war is not over. So far it is a tie, which means a win for us.
We, the Club, DSSA and the NRA need all the help you can provide. Keep it local.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the club. We will give you the RIGHT answer.
Feel free to pass this on to your family, friends and neighbors.
Thanks,
 #85777  by Mr.Skellington

What finally passed was not as bad as what was introduced. The war is not over. So far it is a tie, which means a win for us.
Ouch I think I pulled something trying to follow that BS logic.

We completely lost our right to buy/sell private property without nanny state involvement. FFL's now have a monopoly on sales which doubled as a defacto registration.

But yeah its a tie somehow. And a tie is as good as a win :? WTF :?
 #85783  by stephpd

If you think that's bad you should read their back peddling for the 'mentally ill' bill that the news and AG said the NRA supported. In each case they tell us these bills are a done deal, but by by putting some perfume on the bill at least it doesn't stink like poo.

Since the mentally ill bill had NRA support only one Republican voted against it in the house.

Then you look at the senate votes for a couple of these bills. In many cases we lost because one Republican voted for these things while a few Democrats voted against them. And that one vote going the other way would have killed the bill.

The NRA, instrumental in 'negotiating' away our rights.

What's even more troubling is their lack of opposition at the hearings. Sure, there's the one NRA rep. But for the most part the DSSA is absent from every hearing. Folks from the 9-12 patriots carrying the bulk of the opposition. Heck, we've had more folks from this forum show up then from the DSSA.

But when you have the Democrats astroturfing in all sorts of people it 'looks' like we don't have enough people opposing these bills. Even though we're still getting 2-1 in opposition. The first one not so much, but with each bill they bring in an ever increasing amount of 'paid' shills. Not just folks like the Sandy Hook parents but local folks too. From preachers to medical staff to teachers and police.
Last edited by stephpd on Thu May 16, 2013 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #85784  by Guard_Duck

Well, after seeing that email from bridgeville, that's one less club ill think about joining. Nothing in the bill Markell signed could be considered anything close to a win.
 #85785  by Kuntryboy816

Mr.Skellington wrote:
What finally passed was not as bad as what was introduced. The war is not over. So far it is a tie, which means a win for us.
Ouch I think I pulled something trying to follow that BS logic.

We completely lost our right to buy/sell private property without nanny state involvement. FFL's now have a monopoly on sales which doubled as a defacto registration.

But yeah its a tie somehow. And a tie is as good as a win :? WTF :?

+1 I'm glad to find out though that this Dudley Brown guy isn't even a resident. I have been receiving emails for an Ashly R who is somehow directly involved with NAGR as well. I don't donate money very often unless I feel it is a good cause that I can stand with that may actually produce some results.

I also get correspondence from John Tate (RNC) and Rand Paul (mostly awareness for various petitions). Some of the info is good and verifiable so I tend to read more of these. I also get correspondence fairly regularly from the White House. I forget exactly how I signed up for it (Whitehouse.gov ??) but it gives updates on some of the going-ons that the President is dealing with. It's good info even if i don't agree with it at times.
 #85786  by Kuntryboy816

One example of an email I recently rec'd:

A few hours ago, President Obama stood with parents who lost children in the Newtown tragedy and said: "All in all, today was a pretty shameful day for Washington."

That's because a minority of senators blocked legislation that would have made America safer and better protected our kids. Forty-five lawmakers stood in the way of improvements to the background check system that would keep guns out of the hands of violent criminals and the mentally unstable -- something that 90 percent of Americans support.

You're going to want to hear President Obama explain why he thinks this happened. Watch the video or read the transcript below, then share this so that everyone knows what comes next:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/preven ... nce/action

-- The President's Remarks --

A few months ago, in response to too many tragedies -- including the shootings of a United States Congresswoman, Gabby Giffords, who's here today, and the murder of 20 innocent schoolchildren and their teachers -- this country took up the cause of protecting more of our people from gun violence.

Families that know unspeakable grief summoned the courage to petition their elected leaders -- not just to honor the memory of their children, but to protect the lives of all our children. And a few minutes ago, a minority in the United States Senate decided it wasn't worth it. They blocked common-sense gun reforms even while these families looked on from the Senate gallery.

By now, it's well known that 90 percent of the American people support universal background checks that make it harder for a dangerous person to buy a gun. We're talking about convicted felons, people convicted of domestic violence, people with a severe mental illness. Ninety percent of Americans support that idea. Most Americans think that's already the law.

And a few minutes ago, 90 percent of Democrats in the Senate just voted for that idea. But it's not going to happen because 90 percent of Republicans in the Senate just voted against that idea.

A majority of senators voted "yes" to protecting more of our citizens with smarter background checks. But by this continuing distortion of Senate rules, a minority was able to block it from moving forward.

I'm going to speak plainly and honestly about what's happened here because the American people are trying to figure out how can something have 90 percent support and yet not happen. We had a Democrat and a Republican -– both gun owners, both fierce defenders of our Second Amendment, with "A" grades from the NRA -- come together and worked together to write a common-sense compromise on background checks. And I want to thank Joe Manchin and Pat Toomey for their courage in doing that. That was not easy given their traditional strong support for Second Amendment rights.

As they said, nobody could honestly claim that the package they put together infringed on our Second Amendment rights. All it did was extend the same background check rules that already apply to guns purchased from a dealer to guns purchased at gun shows or over the Internet. So 60 percent of guns are already purchased through a background check system; this would have covered a lot of the guns that are currently outside that system.

Their legislation showed respect for gun owners, and it showed respect for the victims of gun violence. And Gabby Giffords, by the way, is both -- she's a gun owner and a victim of gun violence. She is a Westerner and a moderate. And she supports these background checks.

In fact, even the NRA used to support expanded background checks. The current leader of the NRA used to support these background checks. So while this compromise didn't contain everything I wanted or everything that these families wanted, it did represent progress. It represented moderation and common sense. That's why 90 percent of the American people supported it.

But instead of supporting this compromise, the gun lobby and its allies willfully lied about the bill. They claimed that it would create some sort of "big brother" gun registry, even though the bill did the opposite. This legislation, in fact, outlawed any registry. Plain and simple, right there in the text. But that didn't matter.

And unfortunately, this pattern of spreading untruths about this legislation served a purpose, because those lies upset an intense minority of gun owners, and that in turn intimidated a lot of senators. And I talked to several of these senators over the past few weeks, and they're all good people. I know all of them were shocked by tragedies like Newtown. And I also understand that they come from states that are strongly pro-gun. And I have consistently said that there are regional differences when it comes to guns, and that both sides have to listen to each other.

But the fact is most of these senators could not offer any good reason why we wouldn't want to make it harder for criminals and those with severe mental illnesses to buy a gun. There were no coherent arguments as to why we wouldn't do this. It came down to politics -- the worry that that vocal minority of gun owners would come after them in future elections. They worried that the gun lobby would spend a lot of money and paint them as anti-Second Amendment.

And obviously, a lot of Republicans had that fear, but Democrats had that fear, too. And so they caved to the pressure, and they started looking for an excuse -- any excuse -- to vote "no."

One common argument I heard was that this legislation wouldn't prevent all future massacres. And that's true. As I said from the start, no single piece of legislation can stop every act of violence and evil. We learned that tragically just two days ago. But if action by Congress could have saved one person, one child, a few hundred, a few thousand -- if it could have prevented those people from losing their lives to gun violence in the future while preserving our Second Amendment rights, we had an obligation to try.

And this legislation met that test. And too many senators failed theirs.

I've heard some say that blocking this step would be a victory. And my question is, a victory for who? A victory for what? All that happened today was the preservation of the loophole that lets dangerous criminals buy guns without a background check. That didn't make our kids safer. Victory for not doing something that 90 percent of Americans, 80 percent of Republicans, the vast majority of your constituents wanted to get done? It begs the question, who are we here to represent?

I've heard folks say that having the families of victims lobby for this legislation was somehow misplaced. "A prop," somebody called them. "Emotional blackmail," some outlet said. Are they serious? Do we really think that thousands of families whose lives have been shattered by gun violence don't have a right to weigh in on this issue? Do we think their emotions, their loss is not relevant to this debate?

So all in all, this was a pretty shameful day for Washington.

But this effort is not over. I want to make it clear to the American people we can still bring about meaningful changes that reduce gun violence, so long as the American people don't give up on it. Even without Congress, my administration will keep doing everything it can to protect more of our communities. We're going to address the barriers that prevent states from participating in the existing background check system. We're going to give law enforcement more information about lost and stolen guns so it can do its job. We're going to help to put in place emergency plans to protect our children in their schools.

But we can do more if Congress gets its act together. And if this Congress refuses to listen to the American people and pass common-sense gun legislation, then the real impact is going to have to come from the voters.

To all the people who supported this legislation -- law enforcement and responsible gun owners, Democrats and Republicans, urban moms, rural hunters, whoever you are -- you need to let your representatives in Congress know that you are disappointed, and that if they don't act this time, you will remember come election time.

To the wide majority of NRA households who supported this legislation, you need to let your leadership and lobbyists in Washington know they didn't represent your views on this one.

The point is those who care deeply about preventing more and more gun violence will have to be as passionate, and as organized, and as vocal as those who blocked these common-sense steps to help keep our kids safe. Ultimately, you outnumber those who argued the other way. But they're better organized. They're better financed. They've been at it longer. And they make sure to stay focused on this one issue during election time. And that's the reason why you can have something that 90 percent of Americans support and you can't get it through the Senate or the House of Representatives.

So to change Washington, you, the American people, are going to have to sustain some passion about this. And when necessary, you've got to send the right people to Washington. And that requires strength, and it requires persistence.

And that's the one thing that these families should have inspired in all of us. I still don't know how they have been able to muster up the strength to do what they've doing over the last several weeks, last several months.

And I see this as just round one. When Newtown happened, I met with these families and I spoke to the community, and I said, something must be different right now. We're going to have to change. That's what the whole country said. Everybody talked about how we were going to change something to make sure this didn't happen again, just like everybody talked about how we needed to do something after Aurora. Everybody talked about we needed change something after Tucson.

And I'm assuming that the emotions that we've all felt since Newtown, the emotions that we've all felt since Tucson and Aurora and Chicago -- the pain we share with these families and families all across the country who've lost a loved one to gun violence -- I'm assuming that's not a temporary thing. I'm assuming our expressions of grief and our commitment to do something different to prevent these things from happening are not empty words.

I believe we're going to be able to get this done. Sooner or later, we are going to get this right. The memories of these children demand it. And so do the American people.

Thank you very much, everybody.

This email was sent to
Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy
Please do not reply to this email. Contact the White House

The White House • 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW • Washington, DC 20500 • 202-456-1111
 #85787  by Guard_Duck

One of the issues I have with NAGR is that I don't remember signing up for anything with them. And the emails they send go to the "spam" email address I have, that I use when I don't want to give out my normal email.