Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #86987  by brich2929

Bloomberg's MAIG Bus Tour is on the road...

http://www.examiner.com/article/bloomy- ... ets-a-pass

Pacific Northwest gun rights activists can get out the crying towels because it does not appear that Washington, Oregon or Idaho are on the 25-state, 100-day state itinerary for the “No More Names: National Drive to Reduce Gun Violence” bus tour launched today by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg's Mayors Against Illegal Guns.

So far, no specific cities have been listed.

The closest this anti-gun effort gets is Montana, at least, so far. National Gun Rights Examiner David Codrea weighs in here, suggesting that specific dates and locations for the bus tour are being withheld deliberately, possibly to prevent the kind of grassroots reaction from gun owners that Evergreen State open carry activists promised here.

MAIG’s Demand Action organization posted the targeted states on its website Friday morning. The lineup covers Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.

In addition to this morning’s memorial service in Newtown, according to an MAIG press release, ten statewide events to mark the six-month anniversary of the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School and remember its victims were held in Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

As this column reported earlier, Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval yesterday vetoed MAIG’s trophy background check legislation, and according to the Demand Action website, the Silver State and Montana are among the “worst performing” states when it comes to submitting mental health records to the National Instant Check System. Washington and Oregon are among the best, and it’s not clear why Idaho isn’t targeted because an interactive map on the Demand Action site suggests the authorities in Boise could do better.

Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana all have gun laws that infuriate firearms prohibitionists, including widespread concealed carry and active open carry movements. All four are “shall issue” states for carry licenses. There are gun shows. There are rifles and shotguns in window racks.
 #86990  by Owen

brich2929 wrote:There are rifles and shotguns in window racks.
I grew up in Oregon and this is true, so true. When I'm home to visit I love to see how many guns the local sporting goods store has too. So awesome! Handguns do require a waiting period. We actually did a physics experiment in HS with a 22 rifle! :o lol
 #86991  by brich2929

I don't see that this bus tour is coming to DE but they do have PA on the list. I signed up to find out the dates, because I suppose they don't want opposition to be able to mobilize against them.

If you want a real treat, check out their Facebook page where the ignoramity of the comments made by those who support Bloomberg is beaten down by gun rights supporters. :pbjtime:
 #87083  by astro_wanabe

Wow, they just walked right off the deep end. I know they like to include criminals shot in self-defense and suicides to pad their numbers, but apparently they mourn shooting terrorists too.

This article starts by demonizing a gun rights supporter who "touched an officer on the shoulder" (which is awfully vague) and who was then tazed and arrested. Later in the article though is this gem about reading the names of those killed since Newtown:
Some of the loudest shouts came when a reader spoke the name of Tamerlan Tsarnaev, one of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects who was killed by police during a gunfight.

"He's a terrorist," several protesters shouted.
http://www.unionleader.com/article/2013 ... 0/SPORTS07
 #87085  by Trapper

A side note on the window gun rack.... If you come to Kent or Sussex county during hunting season, you are very likely to still see this. It was most popular with standard cab trucks. Most of us have gone to the racks that go on the back of the seat, since extended cab trucks have been so popular.
 #87313  by SR9

I just stopped by Wal-mart/Camden to pick up some munchies and went by the Sporting Goods Dept. It looked bare. There were 4 guns (muzzle loaders) there and not ammo except shotgun shells to speak of. I did see 2 boxes of 22 shorts.
I waited for the clerk to finish with her customers and asked her what was her version of the story. She said Wal-mart would no longer be carrying fire arms, except muzzle loaders. No riffles, no shotguns. Ammo will be sold, as it is available, which is almost never. I asked her if Bloomberg had gotten to Wal-mart? She said she thought so. She did say the main reason was , as a FFL dealer, they would have to do firearms transfer, and they did not want to be involved in it, so they are bailing out of tyhe gun business. She said they would sell muzzle loaders and accessories , shotgun shell, but that's it.
As I said ammo as it is available, but for get that.
This is being implemented at all Wal-marts stores. The one in Milford is already done, and I would suppose that would be the case in all Delaware Wal-mart stores.
I guess we are stuck with paying the high and about to get higher local gun shop prices or go to the internet.
 #87314  by Guard_Duck

SR9 wrote:I guess we are stuck with paying the high and about to get higher local gun shop prices or go to the internet.

I know of one LGS, with good prices. :pbjtime:
 #87316  by WPCatfish

SR9 wrote:I guess we are stuck with paying the high and about to get higher local gun shop prices

Be nice to be able to choose from more than 8 rifles and 8 shotguns...and talk to someone knowledgeable about them though!