Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #90995  by bmel17

False. Many items that aren't even considered a firearm can still get you into trouble for being a concealed weapon. DE has a concealed weapons permit, not a concealed firearm law.
 #91019  by scampbell3

Please see the following:

Delaware Code Chapter 2 Section 222
4) "Dangerous instrument" means any instrument, article or substance which, under the circumstances in which it is used, attempted to be used or threatened to be used, is readily capable of causing death or serious physical injury, or any disabling chemical spray, as defined in paragraph (6) of this section or any electronic control devices including but not limited to a neuromuscular incapacitation device designed to incapacitate a person.

(5) "Deadly weapon" includes a "firearm", as defined in paragraph (12) of this section, a bomb, a knife of any sort (other than an ordinary pocketknife carried in a closed position), switchblade knife, billy, blackjack, bludgeon, metal knuckles, slingshot, razor, bicycle chain or ice pick or any "dangerous instrument", as defined in paragraph (4) of this section, which is used, or attempted to be used, to cause death or serious physical injury. For the purpose of this definition, an ordinary pocketknife shall be a folding knife having a blade not more than 3 inches in length.
(12) "Firearm" includes any weapon from which a shot, projectile or other object may be discharged by force of combustion, explosive, gas and/or mechanical means, whether operable or inoperable, loaded or unloaded. It does not include a BB gun.
Chip
 #91325  by Dr. Eastwood

bmel17 wrote:False. Many items that aren't even considered a firearm can still get you into trouble for being a concealed weapon. DE has a concealed weapons permit, not a concealed firearm law.
While the CCDW process is awful, it is great that you're pretty much given carte blanche on weapon choices.
 #91835  by wpage

Good to know about details on other items as well...
 #91867  by spillanej

Technically speaking if I have a pen in my pocket and I threaten to stab you in the neck with it, under delaware law I am now in possession of a "concealed deadly instrument". :)