Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #93134  by JägerMatthias

Hello friends:

I've been distracted by the nonsense of life, enabling me to forget my existence on this site. Forgive me for my absence, but something has recently occurred that has brought me back to tell you something that may be of tremendous interest to a select few of you here:

A few days ago, I received a call from my attorney's office with very interesting news. It was an associate of the law firm, and he told me he is gathering intel for a class-action lawsuit regarding police activities, particularly unlawful detainment of citizens. He said that my lawyer, Mr. Norman suggested that he call me, given my experience(s) with the subject matter, and that I may also know others who have had less than cordial police encounters. I told him I would be happy to forward the message to you, my deloc comrades, and that I would appreciate a summary email in my inbox. He agreed. Here are his words:
Mr. Redman,

It was good speaking with you today. Below is the link to the website for the
class action as well as a link to the article in the News Journal here:

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/2 ... 311230025/

We are interested in identifying citizens who have been subjected to the Wilmington Police
Department policy of handcuff, search, transport,and imprisonment based only on reasonable
suspicion that a person has committed crime. This policy exceeds the legal limits allowed in a
stop and frisk under Federal and State law and therefore is a clear violation of these individuals
civil rights.

In addition, we are also interested in speaking with anyone who has been exposed to a similar
policy enacted by another police force.

Thanks very much for any thoughts you may have concerning this matter. I have included my
personal cell below if you have any questions. Thanks very much.

Potential Members Can Contact:
1 888.824.5339 or go online to the website at
http://www.wilmingtonclassaction.com/

Steve Overturf
Lawyer
The Norman Law Firm
718-530-5564
 #93158  by Kuntryboy816

Thanks for sharing. I have not yet had any negative LEO encounters but it's nice to know that those who have may get their day in court. :applause: