Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #93874  by Boots

knohope wrote:... Maryland Delegate Smigiel has introduced MD. HB 62 which would allow the States of Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania Concealed Carry permit holders to carry in Maryland
This bill was introduced before by Delegate Smiegiel and I thank him for doing it again. However, even if it passes it's not valid until 10/1/14, which means another summer of not being able to day-trip into MD and spend money there. :(

There was a time my wife and I frequently day-tripped in MD by motorcycle and bought our meals there. We did so until I started CCing. As it is now, I cannot go into MD or NJ without first going home and locking my gun in my safe, which I have found to be a major hassle so I just day-trip in DE and PA and avoid MD.

If by some miracle this bill passes, at least I can resume shopping in MD and looking forward to the summer of 2015.
 #93884  by Mr.Skellington

Last time this was proposed I emailed a list of MD reps who would be voting on the bill. My email simply told them that I would like to visit the various tourist attractions their state had to offer but would not be traveling anywhere I could not legally carry. I think I'll send out a similar letter again urging each to consider supporting this bill.
 #93942  by Mr.Skellington

sethinde wrote:Ok, i'll bite. I would love to see this passed. Who do I write a letter to?
I recall having a short list of about a dozen names which were on the fence last time around but I no longer remember which ones. Here is a link which has the names and emails of all MD reps.
http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmma ... b=subject6

The house will take the first crack at it so that's the first place to start sending emails. If I get any insight as to who would be best to press I'll post it here.
 #93947  by Boots

Mr.Skellington wrote:... If I get any insight as to who would be best to press I'll post it here.
Mr.S, you have been elected by the members of DELOC to contact Delegate Smigiel and ask his office for information regarding how best to proceed. ;)
 #93964  by Mr.Skellington

Boots wrote:
Mr.Skellington wrote:... If I get any insight as to who would be best to press I'll post it here.
Mr.S, you have been elected by the members of DELOC to contact Delegate Smigiel and ask his office for information regarding how best to proceed. ;)
I already planned to contact him :)

As soon as I receive a response to my sent email I'll update this thread.
If no response to my email by weeks end I'll start calling his office.
 #93974  by Boots

Mr.Skellington wrote:... I already planned to contact him :) ....
Actually, I had already figured that. 8-)