Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #94528  by FenderBender

For those of you who don't know Steve, he's running as a Libertarian for the seat currently held by Joe Miro. Miro was given a C rating by the NRA (as in academic scale) on his stances on gun control and has been anything but consistent on the rights of law abiding gun owners. Steve knows that gun control legislation does little to stop crime and only restricts those who are already inclined to follow the law. If you know folks in the Pike Creek, point them to Steve's website. If you want to help preserve the rights guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution and the Delaware Constitution, Article 1, Section 20, donate, volunteer and most importantly, spread the word!

http://newtonfor22ndstaterep.blogspot.com
 #94535  by Mr.Skellington

Good luck to him. The last election proved to me that the vast majority of the voting public in DE are brain dead liberal zombies who only punch a party ticket. I realized this when Alex Pires, after sinking a fortune into campaign ads, received less than 5% of the state vote and not even 1% locally. He ran as independent but his message was very liberal and should have been a hit with the liberals. Yet an epic blowout!?! By Carper? I was stunned.

Pires only problem was he ran as an independent and not a Democrat. The term low information voter doesn't begin to cover this states population which as far as I can tell go by party or familiar names. Which brings us to Steve Newton. He'll have his work cut out for him trying to tackle Joe Miro. Miro is a household name not that anyone could tell you why nor does it seem to matter come voting time.

FWIW I keep voting third party and each time I'm disappointed, yet not surprised, by the results.
 #94566  by Mr.Skellington

FenderBender wrote:I may actually have to start voting in Delaware this year. We'll see what life has in store.
:? Your promoting a candidate but don't as a habit vote? Am I reading you correctly?