Be respectful of others' views and choices.
 #95054  by scampbell3

As some of you may (or may not) know, there is a Facebook Page that has put a burr under the saddle of NCC and the City of Wilmington.

https://www.facebook.com/PeacefulRioters?ref=stream

This page is very critical of the City, County, Mayor, and WPD. Recent events have come to light that our AG Beau (shotgun JR.) Biden has demanded that the creators and members of this page be disclosed to the Dept. of Justice.

Here is the document (I snagged this from their FB Page)

Whether or not you agree or disagree with what is on this FB page is not relevant. What is important is the actions of our Attorney General and his office against those that disagree with the NCC and city government. I have read through this FB page, and in my opinion, they are doing what journalists and newspapers used to do many years ago.

Does this have anything to do directly with OC and CC in Delaware...no it does not. What it does show how our own elected officials are using their offices to attack those that disagree with them. It is a direct attack on the 1A. If one falls, they all fall.

This just serves as another reason that we need to pay close attention to the actions of our local and State government as well as what happens in D.C.

"All politics is local" - The former Speaker of the U.S. House Tip O'Neill

Chip
 #95059  by brich2929

I totally agree with you, Chip. Ag's office is using bully tactics and its time they are called out on it.
 #95075  by martyusa

From what it looks like, it has backfired. Not only has the page grown, but rumor control has it that these pages will be popping up for ALL corrupt cities in Delaware.

I believe that there is a fine line from doing a favor and holding a city Hostage!
 #95111  by mdak06

I'm glad that Facebook apparently ignored the "don't tell them we subpoenaed you" line.

It certainly sounds like a fishing expedition to me.

Anonymous speech has served us well throughout history. Suppression of that speech (by forcibly removing the anonymity) is unacceptable.
 #95117  by BigJoe

mdak06 wrote:
Anonymous speech has served us well throughout history. Suppression of that speech (by forcibly removing the anonymity) is unacceptable.
Agreed. The Anti-Federalist Papers were often written under a pen name to protect the authors who were generally pro-liberty folks. Even John Dickinson wrote under the name "A Pennsylvania Farmer".

Different tools for different tasks.