Discussions pertaining to obtaining your FFL or C&R License or discussing C&R firearms.
 #29042  by Guard_Duck

I'm not sure how much interest there is in C&R here, but I have a Type 99 Arisaka that I'm trying to get a value on and possibly sell.

It's a Type 99
Built at Nagoya Arsenal
Series 9
Serial 94xxx
Mum is intact
No bolt cover
Anti-aircraft sights

The action all seems to work, but there is surface rust on it. It's been sitting in various cabinets for the past 60+ years, I'm not sure if it's ever been fired since the 40's.

Let me know if you more about these than me, or can put me in contact with someone.
 #29059  by Godasmypilot

That's quite the Arisaka you have there! I think your best bet, if no one here is knowledgeable about them, is to take it to a Forks of the Delaware gun show. There are a some guys there that are collectors who really go to shows to show their stuff off more than sell. A bunch of those guys at one of those shows should be able to give you and opinion.

Just a thought from what I've seen around though, your value should be north of $300 with the mum intact. The missing bolt cover is a bummer, but I'm sure that it won't be the biggest factor for the appraiser to consider.