Discussions pertaining to obtaining your FFL or C&R License or discussing C&R firearms.
 #43357  by scottese

Jeepflexin wrote:
Jeep is right,
As much as I hear these three little words, I never tire of it.....You must get tired of saying them so often though, eh? 8-) 8-)
I'll tell you when you are....seems as though I recall telling you that you are wrong often enough too :D
 #43369  by GatorDude

Your point is a good one, Zencat. However, I think Bluedog doesn't want the "man" coming to his house to search. So...the C & R probably won't work for him. I doubt he's gonna want to give the "man" that power...no matter how much he might save down the road.... :roll:
 #43370  by Jeepflexin

I've had mine for 2 weeks & have been offered discounts from Brownell's & another major supply house. My mailbox is filling up daily with catalogs from other companies. The cost of maintaining C&R is $30 for 3 years...10 bucks a year...I think it's worth it!
Make sure you compare these "special" mailers with what you can find elsewhere without a C&R, I have a few associates that have their C&R and the prices they get out of these targeted mailers are no better than what I find stuff for without.
If the ATF wants to see your stuff, and you don't have a C&R but have ever bought a firearm...or ammo in states that record it like Jersey...it ain't real difficult to get a warrant...
I can not speak about New Jersey but in Delaware it takes something more than the fact you own a gun to get a warrant to search your house.
I'd just as soon get a phone call and make an appointment...or even have them stop by unannounced...nothing to hide here...if you're not home they leave a card and you make the appt.
It has nothing to do with hiding anything, what if they show up at 10PM? Or show up as you are headed out the door to a family function? The inconvenience factor is where I was headed with it, to me it is not worth the few bucks I potentially could save. Sounds like the terms work for you though, that's cool.
 #43375  by GatorDude

When...when...would a gov't employee work at 10 p.m. if there wasn't an emergency? Huh? :lol:
 #43393  by stephpd

GatorDude wrote:When...when...would a gov't employee work at 10 p.m. if there wasn't an emergency? Huh? :lol:
I do it all the time. :o
 #43394  by Condition1

Jeepflexin wrote:[...] what if they show up at 10PM? Or show up as you are headed out the door to a family function? [...]
Jeep is wrong :o

For FFL License:
When you fill out the forms, there is a field for "Hours of Operation." Yes, there still is an incovenience factor that if your license is from your home you still have ATF knocking at your door and coming into your house, during the operation hours. The ATF doesn't come to X-Ring at 10PM, unless they want to camp outside until the next day during hours of operation :D

FOR CR License:
Inspection of your collection can only happen once a year, and you can choose to have it occur at their office rather than your home, they must contact you first.
 #43482  by Jeepflexin

Condition1 wrote:
GatorDude wrote:Pete is wrong? Say it ain't so! :lol: :o
Nope, he is wrong :mrgreen: :oops:
On something like this I can only hope I am wrong; I however have no interest in finding out. ;)
 #43516  by GatorDude

I hear ya', Pete.

I will vouch for you that you know lots of shit though! :D