Discussions pertaining to obtaining your FFL or C&R License or discussing C&R firearms.
 #5818  by LordJim

I figured it might be almost interesting to keep a log of sorts of my quest for the C&R. All reports indicate that it's a pretty easy process, and certainly should be quicker than that damn CC permit.

Anyhow . . . .

Tuesday, September 30th: Requested the paperwork from the BATFE.

Saturday, October 4th: Paperwork has arrived. I'm completing it tonight and hope to have the BATFE's copy in the mail on Monday and the CLEO's copy in the mail no later than Wednesday.

Monday, October 6th: Copy one to the BATFE and copy two to Chief Szczerba hit the mail today. Chief Szczerba's copy also included a brief letter describing the forms being sent and a reminder that no action was required on his part.

-
Jim
 #6185  by MrCoolDale

Pardon me, my Lord. I hath but a question for your Lordship. Perhaps you might grant me a piece of your wisdom, oh merciful and wise Lord Jim.

I'm going to throw my stupidity out there for all to see. What's a C&R License, and what exactly does it do for you?
 #6188  by dave_in_delaware

Curios & Relics License...

Helps collectors of older firearms obtain said weapons, including a dealer's discount (from some sources) and direct shipping to your doorstep.

(pardon me, M'Lord. I hopest thou aren't displeased by my answerage of thine inquiry)
 #6190  by MrCoolDale

Psst, Dave. Me thinkest it be best to pray for our Lord's forgiveness. I hath asked of him to bestowest unto me his wisdom, without need. And you hath answered for our lord. You speaketh as his voice. I pray we don't anger him.
 #6191  by dave_in_delaware

Me thinketh a sacrifice may be prudent. Quick! Find something to sacrifice!

(sorry for the crazy hijack, Jim)...

Jim: So, was there any indication as to how long you'd have to wait until you receive your C&R License?
 #6196  by LordJim

Jim: So, was there any indication as to how long you'd have to wait until you receive your C&R License?
8-ish weeks from start to finish is what I'm told.
Quick! Find something to sacrifice!
You should sacrifice your XD to ~ME~. :pointlaugh:

-
Jim
 #6199  by dave_in_delaware

LordJim wrote:You should sacrifice your XD to ~ME~.
Oh, really? You wanting an XD now?? Hmmm???

I cannot part w/ my trusted babies!!! :sparring:
 #6206  by stephpd

MrCoolDale wrote:Pardon me, my Lord. I hath but a question for your Lordship. Perhaps you might grant me a piece of your wisdom, oh merciful and wise Lord Jim.

I'm going to throw my stupidity out there for all to see. What's a C&R License, and what exactly does it do for you?
Besides all that the Court Jester mentioned it also allows for a discount on gun related items from many mail order places. Including ammo, reloading supplies and other stuff.

And it's cheap and easy to get. $30 for 3 years.

And it may help if the ATF ever decides to come collect your toys, since they are the ones that issue the C&R.

Just make sure that you don't go joining any militia type groups.
 #6213  by LordJim

I cannot part w/ my trusted babies!!!
If it makes you feel any better I'll be happy to take the one that's all growed up. ;)

On a more serious note, everything that Stephpd said is true, discounts from many mail order firearms businesses -and- the ability to have C&R firearms shipped directly to my door without going through an FFL.

-
Jim
 #6215  by Wynder

LordJim wrote:Tuesday, September 30th: Requested the paperwork from the BATFE.
Is the paperwork available online?