Discussions pertaining to obtaining your FFL or C&R License or discussing C&R firearms.
 #1652  by dave_in_delaware

I was just curious if anyone here is a licensed FFL for firearms transfers. I have a guy I usually use, but if a DELOC member is one, I'd prefer to use their services instead. 8-)
 #11632  by Jason

Not to get off topic, Who do most people go? I may buy online and want to know who i should go with and what is the cost..
 #11638  by Jacques

:pbjtime: VWPilot works at Patriot. I think they'll do a transfer for you... Call Lisa, James, or Rob 302.733.7505 and ask... and they're nice and friendly...

:applause: If you think you may need "Full Service" (e.g. repairs, custom work, etc...) then my recommendation goes to:
  • Paul La Manna
    Accurate Arms Custom Gunsmithing
    pjl1183@verizon.net
    13 Stoney Brae Rd
    Newark, DE 19711-3908
    (right behind St. John Holy Angels Church on Rt. 72.)
For simple "No Hassle, No Frills" service, then Dan is your man:
  • Dan Lindbergh
 #11639  by dave_in_delaware

I just picked up a stripped AR-15 lower receiver earlier this week. :mrgreen: I used Steve Roberts of DelFast in Claymont (798-1262). He charges $20 for the transfer (background check). He's a friendly guy and has evening (after work) hours.

I've also used John Dutton off of Moores Lane twice. I think his number is 368-1245. He charges $25.

And there's Carl Pace of Triggers Guns & Ammo in New Castle (328-8531). I haven't used him for a transfer, but I have met with him before, and he's a very nice helpful guy. I think he charges $25 as well.
 #11674  by VWpilot

Evnldr wrote:Not to get off topic, Who do most people go? I may buy online and want to know who i should go with and what is the cost..
We at Patriot Firearms can do FFL transfers, our fee is $25.00. If you need help with the process, let me know, be glad to assist you. I work Mondays, Tuesdays & Fridays. Give us a call, 733-7505, ask for Lisa, Dave or Rob. Or if you need help after hours, call my cell: 302 540 7754. Thank you ~ Rob.
 #12014  by stephpd

dave_in_delaware wrote:I just picked up a stripped AR-15 lower receiver earlier this week. :mrgreen: I used Steve Roberts of DelFast in Claymont (798-1262). He charges $20 for the transfer (background check). He's a friendly guy and has evening (after work) hours.

I've also used John Dutton off of Moores Lane twice. I think his number is 368-1245. He charges $25.

And there's Carl Pace of Triggers Guns & Ammo in New Castle (328-8531). I haven't used him for a transfer, but I have met with him before, and he's a very nice helpful guy. I think he charges $25 as well.
I've used Steve Roberts for a few gun transfers. He works day shift for Amtrak so most transfers are done nights and weekends. Even got to show off my CCDW when he asked for a second form of ID. What makes Delfast nice is he's a local person for Davidson's. Save on shipping and transfer fees for anything bought through them.

Next up is a Ruger 10/22. Just waiting for the model I want to go on sale. :)
 #20163  by Jeff the Baptist

Great thread. I'm looking at some internet purchases soon and this is great info. Thanks a lot.

The last couple of times I've needed an FFL for an internet sale, I used Miller's and X-Ring. Both of them hassled me for not buying something in their shop. X-Ring actually charged me dealer markup. I'd rather not use either of them again if I can help it.
 #20165  by Mr.Skellington

Jeff the Baptist wrote:Great thread. I'm looking at some internet purchases soon and this is great info. Thanks a lot.

The last couple of times I've needed an FFL for an internet sale, I used Miller's and X-Ring. Both of them hassled me for not buying something in their shop. X-Ring actually charged me dealer markup. I'd rather not use either of them again if I can help it.
You too? I had been wondering if that was some BS line they gave me or an actual practice. After you add in the shipping and transfer fee its hard enough to find a worthwhile deal online but in the event you do, to have them mark up the firearm price to the price they would sell it is :censored: ridiculous.

I wonder how they would handle a purchase from somewhere like gunbroker where they don't know how much you paid.

I like to support the local shops but their practice of marking up online sales really ticks me off. There are some great deals online that I'd like to take advantage of but can't so I've got no exclusive love for any local shops.
 #20180  by Jeff the Baptist

I bought my hipower through X-ring. It was a deep discount item at CDNN. I paid for the gun +20% for the transfer and then shipping. That added over a hundred bucks to the price. But it was still cheaper than the hipower they had in the shop. It was also my first pistol and first transfer so I didn't know better.

When I went to build my AR a few years ago, I went back to X-ring to process the stripped lower. I figured 20% on a $100 (at the time) part would be about right. They wouldn't even do the transfer because they had too many ARs in the shop. They didn't have stripped lowers mind you, just completed ARs. I went through Millers instead because at the time they didn't have many EBRs and would do the sale.
 #20185  by Jacques

Jeff the Baptist wrote:Great thread. I'm looking at some internet purchases soon and this is great info. Thanks a lot.

Unless you are buying some one of a kind relic or curio or something that just can't be found anywhere... I'd call Patriot and ask them if they can find what you're looking for... let them do some searching and compare the prices, before you overspend on GB or some other internet site...