If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #101501  by myopicvisionary

I did not see the sign saying that IKEA is a weapon free environment. If the security person would have just said something like "Excuse me Sir; perhaps you might not have seen the sign at the entrance, but our corporate policy is that firearms are not permitted in the store" I would have accepted that. No, he starts off with "I don't care if you are licensed". Then he adds "We have children here and I look at you as a threat." Yes, I will be calling corporate.
 #101503  by Boots

Sounds like that security guy is more likely a liability to Ikea than an asset. :roll:
 #101505  by JägerMatthias

Sooooooooooo, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first time anybody has given you a hard time or asked you to leave for OC?
 #101519  by TexasJay

You should have said something like..."Excuse you? Do you normally feel threatened by benign PDA? I didn't know you had to have a license to hold hands with your wife. Do you feel the same threat from a man holding his child's hand?!?! Let me speak to your manager!" :troll:

IKEA even kicked a uniformed cop out of one of its stores. Their security isn't the brightest.

(I'm just going under the assumption you had your wife with you if you were at IKEA).
 #101552  by viper98

That guard definitely could have handled it differently.
Let us know what corporates response is.
 #101556  by mdak06

According to Second Amendment Check, IKEA is clearly anti.

From http://www.2acheck.com/boycott-ikea/ ... they received this as a corporate response to an inquiry:

Hello <2acheck>,

Thank you for your interest in IKEA. We appreciate that you have
taken the time to contact us.

Unfortunately, guns are not permitted in our store locations.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and we thank you for your
inquiry.

Best Regards,
Marion
IKEA Customer Care Center
 #101559  by brich2929

mdak06 wrote:According to Second Amendment Check, IKEA is clearly anti.

From http://www.2acheck.com/boycott-ikea/ ... they received this as a corporate response to an inquiry:

Hello <2acheck>,

Thank you for your interest in IKEA. We appreciate that you have
taken the time to contact us.

Unfortunately, guns are not permitted in our store locations.

We apologize for any inconvenience, and we thank you for your
inquiry.

Best Regards,
Marion
IKEA Customer Care Center

Why is it "unfortunately"?
 #101562  by myopicvisionary

This is just the third time in 6 1/2 years; and an OC log of 170 pages, that I was asked to leave.
 #101563  by Deast

It is probably the third post that was not about you eating....
 #101565  by brich2929

Deast wrote:It is probably the third post that was not about you eating....

:sparring: