If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #105507  by dave_in_delaware

I finally had a chance to visit the new Cabela's in Christiana next to the mall.

Upon entering the store, there are people at the front to greet you. At the podium there is a sign that all firearms coming in for repair, fitting, etc must be checked for safety, unloaded, etc.

The one gentleman noticed that I was OC so he happily said: "you're allowed to open carry as long as it remains holstered" and I quickly added "unless I need to use it" and then he replied "exactly." So I asked him where a specific department was and he pointed me in the right direction. I thanked him and proceeded to my destination.

Overall, friendly explanation of store policy.

Upon further research on cabela's website, I found this under their FAQ:
Carry Concealed Firearm Policy (Retail Stores)

What is your store policy for concealed-carry firearms?

If you have a concealed carry permit and it is valid within the state where the store is located, Cabela's honors your right to carry as long as it is completely concealed.

• States with open carry provisions will be allowed as long as the firearm remains in the holster.

• Law enforcement officials, state and federal authorized personnel (e.g. FBI officials, armored truck drivers, ATF officials) are permitted to carry weapons openly in the store.
So, I'd say OC or CC is a go.

(I know there was a discussion about carrying at the new Cabela's in a different thread but I wanted to make an "official" entry in this Gun Owner Patronage Resource forum.)
 #105514  by Owen

Yep. I was open carrying there at the pre opening and have OCd there a few times since.