If you have received communication from specific stores, malls, towns and cities regarding their firearms policies, good or bad, post them here.
 #86016  by Daveman

I'm not loss prevention, I work in the electronics department.
 #89127  by Sodbuster

Well, nothing has changed at the Camden store. I was in there earlier today with the better half when (I'm guessing) a security employee approached us and informed us that "their policy is that weapons are to be left in the vehicle."

I said "No problem", we left the cart in the aisle and walked out.
 #89156  by Daveman

I was in Milford store today getting some Pepsi, stopped by electronics and had a chat with a I'd say about 6 to 8 people...had no problem at all. One real big guy asked how I was OC'ing in Walmart while telling me Walmart doesn't allow it. I told him not 100% true, many OC there, I worked there, never had a problem, nor has anyone I know, or heard of....as well as seeing many others OC'ing while working and he just continued to say I was wrong. Even tho I work there and know for a fact.. :/ He told me he read about it the open carry forums....I asked "DELOC?" He said "no, never heard of that, what's that?" I told him register and read. It's not ALL Walmart stores. It's up to that store's Store Manager.
 #89157  by Daveman

Sodbuster, was that loss prevention person wearing anything identifying as a Walmart employee? Just asking because LP don't wear a "Walmart" shirt or anything to link them as working for that particular store. Again....just asking..
 #89166  by Sodbuster

I didn't see any name tag or logo. He was wearing a "Walmart" blue shirt and dark trousers. He was polite and professional and his spiel sounded like he had used it several times before.

Thinking back, since I didn't argue with him, he might have assumed that we were going out to put my pistol in the truck. (like that's going to happen :lol: ) I wonder how long the cart sat there before someone figured out it had been abandoned.
 #89175  by SR9

I got this story from a police officer in Georgetown. A man was shopping in the Walmart store, OCing when a customer went to a store employee and complained and the store employee called the Georgetown Police and sid there was a man in the store with a gun. The oficer asked what he was doing and was told shopping. Officer asked if he had taken the gun out of the holster, waved it around or threatened anyone. No, said the employee. So he's just there shopping asked the officer. yes, said the employee, but we want you to send someone over to arrest him. The officer told she this: We can arrest him for carrying as Delaware is a open carry state. Well, make him cover it up asked the employee. I can't do that replied the officer, as if he does not have a DECCW, that would be causing him to break the law. If we come and arrest him for simply open carrying and there is no Walmart company or store policy sign posted, he can take you to court for false arrest, and he will win. The store employee grumbled and slammed the phone down.
 #89176  by Dr. Eastwood

Soooooo maaaaannnnnnnnnny threads bitching about Walmart.

My stance hasn't changed, not only are they a worthless company that saps the local economy of any small business character, their management is completely inept in its comprehension of not only its own policies, but state law as well. They've made it clear time and again that they're not supportive of our right to carry firearms. By now you'd think we've simply blacklisted them, but yet here we are again.

Protip: Walmart isn't worth the time and hassle. Hit them in the wallet and keep your business away from them.
 #89178  by WPCatfish

Sodbuster wrote: I wonder how long the cart sat there before someone figured out it had been abandoned.

Were there perishables in it?